THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just ordered some Plowboys Yardbird and some Killer Hogs rub that I'm gunna try out this weekend. Any recommendations on sauces that go well with these?

Sorry if this is stealing the OPs orignal thread.

What are you putting it on? LOL it doesn't matter I put blues hog on everything :)

Pappy's Choice Seasoning is always my go to if I'm not in the mood to make my own. I always have a canister ready. I've seen this in more and more stores.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ODE1PQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KYBJzb03W5QYQ[/ame]

prod_5303405717

What are you putting it on? LOL it doesn't matter I put blues hog on everything :)

I'll be trying it on pork spare ribs. my last trial was with a mainly salt and pepper rub and I glazed with some stubbs bbq sauce cut a little bit with apple cider vinegar.

i know the traditional Memphis ribs are not sauced but the last time I tried that I got very dry ribs.

I just ordered some Plowboys Yardbird and some Killer Hogs rub that I'm gunna try out this weekend. Any recommendations on sauces that go well with these?

Sorry if this is stealing the OPs orignal thread.

Plowboys is good salt based rub... may want to sweeten it up just a tad bit.

Killer Hogs is good and more sugar based...needs a layer of salt, pepper and garlic...his A.P. Rub is meant to be used as a base coat first.

That's what I love about this place. You disappear for just half a day and return to find 3 pages of responses!

Thank you all for your suggestions. And especially the offers to "give me some of yours"!!!

I did not end up having time to hit HD first so it was only Wal-Mart.I scoured the store in the outdoor cooking area, spices area, and even where they actually sell the meat in the case. In the whole store, I only found one RUB. "Weber - Dry Smoking Rub". So thats what I got.

They did have lots of mixed spices, from like Grill Mates, but were very specialized for things like steaks and such.

Being from Weber, hopefully this rub wont disappoint.

Time to get things FIRED UP!

That's what I love about this place. You disappear for just half a day and return to find 3 pages of responses!

Thank you all for your suggestions. And especially the offers to "give me some of yours"!!!

I did not end up having time to hit HD first so it was only Wal-Mart.I scoured the store in the outdoor cooking area, spices area, and even where they actually sell the meat in the case. In the whole store, I only found one RUB. "Weber - Dry Smoking Rub". So thats what I got.

They did have lots of mixed spices, from like Grill Mates, but were very specialized for things like steaks and such.

Being from Weber, hopefully this rub wont disappoint.

Time to get things FIRED UP!

Weber does their homework. I replaced an expensive restaurant steak rub with their Burger and Chop rub and am very happy with it.

Back