Rib Racks???

I used one once, but the ribs touched too much when using every slot. In my opinion the spacing between the slots should be about .5” wide. The second time I needed to do a lot of ribs I bought some cheap ss cooling racks with 3” feet on them and laid the extra ribs flat on those above the regular racks. The 3” was plenty of room for the air and smoke to circulate, even after wrapping.

Last edited:
What did you not like about them? Did your ribs curl? Just curious.

We use the tragger brand rib rack , much wider holds ribs far better. No bend to our comp ribs , keeps bottom side as good as top side why we use them.

Catering or other odd job lets me cook up to 14 racks on a 22 WSM with 2 racks.

I have two of the Dave Klose racks, they are a great design and high enough so ribs don't curl. When I got mine I think they were only $15 or $20. They fit in my LBGE and both will fit of the smokers we use for larger cooks.

t3q1kgx.jpg

2V7at4Z.jpg

DNnmvpf.jpg

Tragger rib rack works very well too.

I have a couple Treager rib racks and they work well if cooking more than normal.

If wrapping, just stack and rotate like Ninja said.

I have 2 rib racks. They can do 4 each. Just the Wife and I now but I still use one for 2 racks on my 18.5" WSM. Yes, the ribs are a little long but nest with the dome lid. Once they have been on for about 3 hours they are ready to wrap and smaller. They fit flat at that point. Love the rib racks. Mine are vertical rather than slanted. Same smoke and evenly cooked.

Back