Restoring balance to my life

Fantastic looking brisket, Ninja! I think your oven finishing technique makes a lot of sense, and may well give it a try on my next brisket. Meat can only absorb smoke for a few hours anyway, and using the oven gives a degree of temp control you can't get from a smoker...

For personal consumption I think just barely overcooked like you have it there is my favorite. Just barely overcooked is way better than just barely under in my book.

Really good looking brisket. Nothing resets the stress counter like a little Q time after a tough assignment or work week.

Oh man that looks good! I too trim like you do.

Great minds think alike :thumb:

Fantastic looking brisket, Ninja! I think your oven finishing technique makes a lot of sense, and may well give it a try on my next brisket. Meat can only absorb smoke for a few hours anyway, and using the oven gives a degree of temp control you can't get from a smoker...

It also gives me a degree of sleep i cant get on a smoker. More than anything it fits my lifestyle and is a process i can enjoy. If this ceases to be fun then whats the point

For personal consumption I think just barely overcooked like you have it there is my favorite. Just barely overcooked is way better than just barely under in my book.

I dont go by made up standards of Q. As long as it aint dry ive never heard someone say my food is too tender. Same goes for ribs, folks just dont say i wish these delicious ribs where more chewy.

Spot on observation, Moose. The only downside you may find about finishing a smoke in the oven overnight is that the house fills with such an amazing aroma that it may keep waking you up. :biggrin1:

You have done well. I always thought roofers had perfect balance until the guy roofing my house and his helper fell off the roof of my 1 1/2 story into the excavation around the foundation. He wasn't going to go to the hospital until I pointed out that both of them were bleeding from head wounds and weren't getting past me back on the roof until they did.

Our balance is pretty spot on. We do have a general rule that if you fall your fired before you hit the ground

Both the brisky and those enchilladas look awesome! I like the oven finish technique as well and I believe you should fit Q into your lifestyle. And as said earlier the house smells awesome.

where is the fall protection man?

You know how many times ive tripped over a life line

I know we appear dangerous, well we are, but we're all pretty good and wear special roofing boots (Cougar Paws) and a roofing knee pad that grips. The key is to work together and keep movements small. That was a 10 pitch but the porch had a flat spot so it made it easier. If its a 10 2 story or a 12 we jack board the bottom.

Back