THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not to hijack, but where is a good place to get rubber gloves for basic food handling? I mean other than when my wife steals some from the hospital for me...;)

Not to hijack, but where is a good place to get rubber gloves for basic food handling? I mean other than when my wife steals some from the hospital for me...;)

Sam's or Harbor Freight have them cheap. I get the blue Nitrile gloves

If you have an Acedemy sports close by, I bought a set of BBQ gloves in the grilling section for under 10.00. They are grey, and made of insulated rubber.

Chris

I buy the three pack of welders gloves at Harbor Freight. After a season or so they get pretty crusty. I've handled, quickly, some very hot metal like my charcoad basket, but I try to have an additional "hot pad" of old glove between the hot steel and the glove I'm wearing.

For the meat I use cotton utility gloves (woven and from Harbor Freight) under nytril or other rubber gloves. I also have some heavier "plumbers" gloves - but even they are more comfy with the cotton gloves inside to insulate. This is more important when handling lots of meat...for a couple of butts or handling some ribs the cotton/nyrtil works great.

Welders gloves are excellent and they are high enough to get your arms in without worrying about catching a hot edge.

Back