Rainy Day Lamb Chops Cook

I wanted to post up this pic as a followup to my lamb meal. Some of you may remember that one of my main motivators for cooking creatively is to get my kids to eat more protein and generally expand their palates. They don't necessarily like to eat meat off the bone, so that's why I've experimented in the past with taking the bones out of a whole rack of ribs, etc. So with these lamb chops, I cut the "eye" of meat off the bone and the kids will eat that. And I get to savor what is left....all the good bits and pieces of meat and fat that is left on the bone. I love to nibble the bones clean. It's good drinkin' food, I like to say. But when I have a lot of bones, I just take a sharp knife and slice off these bits. Then I throw them into the cast iron skillet and get them nice and crispy...omg...sorry if it grosses anyone out, but this is truly one of my favorite things to eat....and why one day I will probably weigh a thousand pounds.

EcMZR1Jl.jpg

I love that you left as much of the fat on the bone as you did. That one bite on every bone just above the actual loin to me is about as good as food gets. Quite frankly I think I like lamb fat more than lamb meat.

I love that you left as much of the fat on the bone as you did. That one bite on every bone just above the actual loin to me is about as good as food gets. Quite frankly I think I like lamb fat more than lamb meat.

Thank you! I could not agree with you more about that one bite! Frenching a rack of lamb is a devastating thing....

My farmer neighbor raises delicious lamb.

Man, this is a great thread. The lamb chop technique I'm gonna re-read. What a delicate cook you need apparently. I've only ever done individual lamb chops in cast iron. I guess I don't have the round brass ones like jwtseng.

My farmer neighbor raises delicious lamb.

Man, this is a great thread. The lamb chop technique I'm gonna re-read. What a delicate cook you need apparently. I've only ever done individual lamb chops in cast iron. I guess I don't have the round brass ones like jwtseng.

Thanks Ted! I had never cooked individual chops before either. Makes for a fun and fast cook! The stainless steel plate is nothing special, but it comes in handy. Got it at Cost Plus World Market...depending on the day of the week you could get it for anywhere between $10-$20 bucks...well worth it's weight.

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/stainless+steel+bbq+grill+and+serving+plate.do

Back