Quality of retail brand wood chunks

How much does Meijers sell the Western for? I'm coming up there to work this weekend and if it's cheaper than the Academy stores down here I'll bring a load back with me. Along with the cheese curds.:wink:

I wanna say it's around $5.50. Maybe just a few cents more or less. Can't go wrong with the cheese curds. Might wanna grab a case of Spotted Cow while you're up here!!
party.gif

I just tried some Peach Smoke Me BBQ chunks from Firecraft, and I found them to be pretty dang good.

In NC we just have our no sales before 12 rule on Sundays, and I thought that we were stuck in the Stone Ages...

Ouch! That makes me appreciate this area even more. It's definitely nowhere near as strict!

Nope, Wisconsin is pretty relaxed about most things. Having just moved from Illinois a couple of months ago, it is a welcome change!

As far as the OP, I have used these chunks and never had any problems.

Nope, Wisconsin is pretty relaxed about most things. Having just moved from Illinois a couple of months ago, it is a welcome change!

As far as the OP, I have used these chunks and never had any problems.

Welcome to the area. You're on the northern end of things. That's a great area. I'm originally from Chicago and when we first moved here, I lived in Glendale. I'm currently in Oak Creek. We should find out how many folks from Wisconsin are a part of the Brethren and have a lil get together sometime!!

Welcome to the area. You're on the northern end of things. That's a great area. I'm originally from Chicago and when we first moved here, I lived in Glendale. I'm currently in Oak Creek. We should find out how many folks from Wisconsin are a part of the Brethren and have a lil get together sometime!!

Absolutely!

We have a brethren bash usually twice a year for Chicago/ Wisconsin area brethren in the summer and winter. Ron_L is usually the leader of getting it setup. Keep an eye on his signature line later in fall for details. Great way to meet some Brethren!

I use the Western brand wood chunks (apple and cherry) from Menards with no complaints. I grab the peach chunks from Bass Pro when I am near one.

You could try Kettle Moraine Hardwoods in Caledonia or Milwaukee Woodworks, they might sell you their "drop offs" at a reasonable rate?

You could try Kettle Moraine Hardwoods in Caledonia or Milwaukee Woodworks, they might sell you their "drop offs" at a reasonable rate?

I may actually look into this. If it ends up being more expensive than picking up a couple bags of Western, then I'll just grab the bags and call it a day.

Back