Q'n for Kids in Boise Idaho and looking for help

brotherbd

Knows what a fatty is.
My apologies if this out of place, but I know many of you care about kids and these folks could use a little BBQ Brethren Hug.

Are there any brothers in the Boise, Id area that can help me pull off a BBQ at the Christian Children’s Ranch just outside Boise, ID in Eagle, ID?

The story, and the web address for the Christian Children’s Ranch is below,

My family is making a driving trip from Dallas, TX to McCall, ID to attend my wife’s family reunion.

We are stopping overnight at the Christian Children’s Ranch in Eagle,ID ( A suburb of Boise) where her Uncle and Aunt are house parents. We asked if there was any kind of little work project we could help with the next day before we went on up to the reunion the next afternoon.

Long story short one of their suggestions was a cookout to give their cooks a little break. Right up my alley cooking for folks, rather do that than swing a hammer any day.

I asked how many did I need to plan to cook for and found out that there will also be a large workgroup, about 50, plus the 8 family house units for a total of about 125 folks.

The ranch is struggling economically because of the economic times and asked if there were any way we could provide the meal as well as make it.

My wife and I talked it over, asked God about it and looked at our bank account, lean for us just like everyone else, and have committed the funds for a Grilled Hot Dog lunch for everyone, then this prodding in my brain kept telling me to ask the brethren for help so here I am asking can you help?

If I can get brethren to supply cooked BBQ, I was thinking pulled pork but anything would be helpful. I can definitely supply the sides and dessert. I figure we may need some where in the neighborhood of 7 – 10 butts would feed them all. They don’t even have to be made that day, you could smoke them and deliver them anytime until Friday at 10:00 a.m. Please consider helping the kids and volunteers to make it a fun time.

They would have to be to the ranch by 10:00 a.m. Friday August 6th so we can make sure everything is up to temp by lunchtime. The ranch address is:

Christian Children's Ranch
2421 West Duck Alley Road
Eagle, ID 83616-5551

http://christianchildrensranch.com/index.php

According to Google maps it’s about 13 miles from downtown Boise.

If you can’t deliver it to the ranch yourself we may be able to arrange for a central pick-up point at a church or a specific time and place on Thursday night, Aug 5 th. I won’t be in the area until around 8:00 p.m., we’re coming in from Yellowstone N.P. but we can see whatever it takes if we can get the help.

pm me and I’ll give you my phone number to make arrangements, we’re leaving on 7/31 to start the trip. If we can’t pull it together by then we’ll plan on hot dogs.

Thanks in advance brethren,

Brotherbd

I really wish I could help but I can't being that I live in Oregon. But I will be praying for it all to work out for you! God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the same week as VBS for us, but I'll talk with the other guys from the church cook team and get back to you.

I would be willing to cover the costs of the meats and rubs and possibly fuel if I can get an Idaho Brother on board. This place and God have blessed me with plenty. I have enough to pay some of it back.

Last edited:
PM sent. I happen to be on vacation that week. I will be in San Diego but I might be back in time.

well, sounds like you're well on the way to pulling this together with the help of brethren. you mentioned you would be in yellowstone. I live in cody, wy and I think I could do a couple of butts and deliver them to you in yellowstone if you got in a bind. I am writing at 3 am while doing an overnight so haven't checked with the wife yet to see if we;re here or not. Let me know.

Donation info for Q'n for Kids in Boise Idaho

If anyone would like to donate to the event, you can send a check to:

Mod note: Address removed, with no prejudice to the author. Based on forum rules and existing precendent, we can't allow members to post solicitations for contributions without prior approval.

If you you'd like to contribute financially, contact this member via PM. We also encourage anyone that can cook, or contribute product to contribute to this thread!
Jorge

They will send you a receipt for your donation.
Any amount over what is needed for the BBQ lunch will go towards the needs of the kids.

If you would like to know more about the ranch just ask them to add you to their mailing list otherwise they will only send a receipt.

For those who asked, they do not use PayPal so that all of your donation may be used for the kids at the ranch.

Thanks again Brethren.

Blessings to you all,

Brotherbd

Last edited by a moderator:
bump to top.

There have already been some responses.

Haven't heard from anyone in Boise yet.

Ther is a brother, outside Idaho, who said he would be happy to help with the cost if there were brethren in Boise who could do th cooking.

again Thanks and Blessings,

I should be back from San Diego by Thursday. I would be able to help cook. I have several cookers that I could load on my trailer and bring along.

I checked my budget. I should be able to smoke a couple of butts and help out with labor. Let me know.

Thanks to the Brethren who have said they could help.

Didn't realize until read Patiodadio's blog that there was a major BBQ Cookoff this weekend in Boise. Sounds like fun but might be where some of the other Boise Brethren are.

So far it looks like we have about 6 butts on the way, probably need at least 4 more to feed the whole bunch. Any extras or leftovers will be frozen for later eating and rememberance of the blessing of The BBQ Brethren.

So if you're in Boise we still need some more BBQ there have been a couple of Brethern that said they could help with expenses if someone in Boise could do the cooking.

Thanks and blessings to all,

Brotherbd

Last edited:
:peep: Looking for a few more Boise Brethren that are willing to cook if you need help with funds for the meat and rubs we can get that to you through PayPal or something.

If your out of state and would like to help a brother in Boise with some cash for his cook. Post a note saying so and they can contact you about payment arrangements. If you both have e-mail accounts you can use PayPal to make the transaction.

Their website link to do this is: Mod Note: Payment info deleted. See post above. This action has no reflection on the member that posted it. It's simply forum policy.

Blessings and thanks,

Brotherbd

Last edited by a moderator:
Brethren on Board for Q'n for Kids in Boise

Just a little update,

Things are coming together for the kids but it's not too late to jump on board and help with the cook or to make a donation for the meat.

Blessings and thanks,

Brotherbd
God is good... allthe time.

PTL the Butts are Covered!

The Brethren have been great and the Butts needed for Q'n for Kids in Boise have been covered. Some are cooking and some are helping to cover the meat cost. :clap2:

One of the Brothers has even got his Employer involved and they are donating all the frozen rolls we need so we'll do mini sammies on fresh rolls what a treat! :becky:

If there are any other Brethren that want to, there are still two ways to help:

Mail a donation to the Christian Childrens Ranch and put BBQ Lunch in the memo line and we can use it to cover the sides and other stuff for the lunch. (We'll be making sides, sauce, and dessert there)

OR

If you're in the Boise area and feel like firing up your smoker or grill how ‘bout making some MOINK Balls, ABT's or Wings to go with the pulled pork sammies. The count is still at 125 but I think that 10#'s of wings or a couple bags of meatballs would give everyone a super tasty mouthful or two. :hungry:

Please let me know if you plan to do this, just so I know you're coming. We would really like the food there by 10 am if possible so we have time to get everything up to heat and know how we need to lay out the spread.

Blessings and thanks to all the brethren both your help and your words of encouragement, :clap2:

See a few of you soon,

Brotherbd

Mod Note: I've sent a PM to the original poster. The info about where to send donations has been deleted. We have no reason to believe that the funds would go anywhere other than where they should. However, as this forum has grown we've been forced to become more exclusive in terms of allowing members to ask for funds, etc.., even for very worthy causes.

If you'd like to contact the original poster for info to help, by all means feel free to do so. We have NO REASON to believe that this cause is not legitimate. We just have to exercise some caution to protect the membership.

Bumpity.

Great cause here, guys. I know times are tough, and money is tight. But maybe even sending a few $1 bills or even a fiver add up in a hurry.

I won't get into politics, but I believe in giving to our own folks in need first.

This is also a great way to show how much members of the BBQ Brethren care and can make a difference.

Thanks for the help guys. I will plan on smoking 6 butts on Thursday and have them ready. I reached out to some of my friends and co-workers to help out with some donations so it is really coming together.

It's not too late to help!

Hey Brethren in Boise,

(Writing this from the road in Custer, SD) :typing:

If there are anymore Brethren in Boise, ID that would like to help with some Q for the Barbecue Lunch at noon on Friday, August 5th, at the Christian Children's Ranch in Eagle, Id, it's not too late. :clap2:

We have the Butts covered but if you'd like to bring out some wings or MOINK balls to add another couple of mouthfulls of BBQ bliss we'd love to have you bring them out. :hungry:

The address for the ranch up top in the post and we'll need about 125 pcs. to be able to give everyone a bite.

If you can bring it out Thursday evening or Friday by 10:00 am. that would be great. :thumb:

Please drop me a note if your bringing something so we can save table space for your creation. :-D

Blessings and thanks brethren,

Brotherbd

Back