Looking for a vented outdoor Canopy

MiddNightSmoker

Last night.. was cooking some chicken on my smoker.. and saw some sprinkles coming in.. so I popped up my canopy.. and kinda placed it right over me.. and my smoker.. My canopy top.. is solid.. isn't vented.. was thinking.. I'd actually like to get one.. that has an open top.. to allow smoke to vent out. Are there any good brands you could suggest. I found this Eagle Peak E169 that looks good..
Just trying to prepare for the cold/rainy season.. Ultimately.. I am looking to have a canopy covered over me.. and the smoker.. and venting properly so no one gets choked out.
Thought about getting some flex tubing.. and having it over the stack.. then I could also pull the smoker under the cover of a canopy.. and tie the tubing up on one of the legs higher up.. thoughts.. suggestions.. thanks in advance

I have seen some vented canopies advertised in the Big Lots flyers. I can't vouch for the quality, but they won't break the bank, either.

I know this isn’t exactly what you are looking for, but I have a patio umbrella that I cranks up quickly if it rains. It’s a lot cheaper than my pop up and is a lot easier and quicker to set up. It works well enough for me.

E0481-EAC-4-C79-4-B7-E-B3-B0-BD2-E07-A8383-F.jpg

Some years ago, I heard the umbrella thing referred to as "the Merry Poppins Mod". I've done it and still do it- it works great with a market sized umbrella (7.5) feet. I've thought about a pop up but I'm cheap, and lazy... and cheap. And as long as the cooker stays dry, I don't mind a bit of precip... got that "wash and wear skin" I did.

I've got a 12X12 Coleman that I've had since my sons travel ball days. 15+ years old and has been all over the southeast still it good shape. Smoke pretty much just blows out from under it. It does have a vented top but I've never noticed smoke flowing out of it.

+1 on the Coleman. I have a 13x13 from Costco and it has been great. While vented I'm not sure how much that really makes a difference.

+2, and I also noticed that smoke does not go out the top but out the sides. I use a pedestal fan for moving the smoke and also keeping me cool on the hot days. Does the trick, and I can use it or not as I need it.

+3 used the same 12x12 for both my sons football teams when I was coaching, thing lasted well and was used repeatedly as a smoke shack in the rain or snow

I have a 10x10 that's vented at the top and use it all the time. I found the vented top was ok once you got the thin blue line but it still got a little smokey in there. I usually leave the stack out of the canopy when I have to use it. I've been in some downpours and haven't had any issues

Back