Pulled Pork Sliders n Beer Battered Beans

I am fortunate enough to have had those green beans and fry them in the beer batter - so dang good! My lovely wife flipped on them as well. And with those sliders - hell yes! Very nicely done Jeanie! I am slowly getting into pickling stuff - thanks for the reminder about those beans - it's on!

Thank you George, mau and Blue! :-D

I am fortunate enough to have had those green beans and fry them in the beer batter - so dang good! My lovely wife flipped on them as well. And with those sliders - hell yes! Very nicely done Jeanie! I am slowly getting into pickling stuff - thanks for the reminder about those beans - it's on!
Greg, thanks! I'm glad you and your Mrs liked the beans. I'm trying to make them a bit hotter and spicier. I like the twang factor.
Good luck with your pickling adventures, I know what ever you make will be awesome! :thumb:

FC and Gary, thanks so much! I like beer battered dill pickles in any form. :becky:

Thank you Willy!

Wait a minute...you ate that whole butt last night? Are you training to compete against Molly Schuyler?

:biggrin1:

:laugh::laugh: I don't think anyone could beat her, not even a vacuum!
Thanks for the laugh! :biggrin1:

Cowgirl

Taking inspiration from your cook I had a trial run of the beer battered green beans as an experiment to the main event on Friday where I will be making juicy Lucy burgers.

I only had fresh green beans, clearly these aren't pickled, so after blanching in boiling water I drained and allowed to marinade in cider vinegar for 20 mins, I would have left longer but I was getting hungry.

Pulled from the marinade, dried and dredged in flour then a dip in beer batter made with home made Cajun seasoning and an extra splash of cider vinegar for good measure.

Fried until golden n crisp

OMG, they were delicious and definately will go well with my burgers and spicy home fries cooked three times.

Cut chips, boil until tender, drain andchill off in fridge, cook in fat slowly at low temp - they shouldn't take on any colour, allow to cool and then cook in fat at higher temp until golden and crisp on outside and fluffy inside. I don't have an oil thermometer so just judge by experience. Drizzle with your favorite seasoning and your away

Looks great! My youngest daughters favorite side is deep fried beans, I have to make them when her and her husband comes for ribs ;)

Cowgirl

Taking inspiration from your cook I had a trial run of the beer battered green beans as an experiment to the main event on Friday where I will be making juicy Lucy burgers.

I only had fresh green beans, clearly these aren't pickled, so after blanching in boiling water I drained and allowed to marinade in cider vinegar for 20 mins, I would have left longer but I was getting hungry.

Pulled from the marinade, dried and dredged in flour then a dip in beer batter made with home made Cajun seasoning and an extra splash of cider vinegar for good measure.

Fried until golden n crisp

OMG, they were delicious and definately will go well with my burgers and spicy home fries cooked three times.

Cut chips, boil until tender, drain andchill off in fridge, cook in fat slowly at low temp - they shouldn't take on any colour, allow to cool and then cook in fat at higher temp until golden and crisp on outside and fluffy inside. I don't have an oil thermometer so just judge by experience. Drizzle with your favorite seasoning and your away

Parm that all sounds delicious!! So glad the beans worked out well for you. I will give your vinegar version a try. Thank for the post! :becky:

Looks great! My youngest daughters favorite side is deep fried beans, I have to make them when her and her husband comes for ribs ;)

Thank you Oakswamper! I need to try regular beans. These taste more like a pickle than a green bean. Bet yours are delicious! Thanks for the idea. :-D

Back