THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HabitualSmoker

Knows what a fatty is.
Has anybody used this probe port with the Smoke from Thermoworks? Thinking about adding it to my UDS but I want to make sure the receiver end of Thermoworks probes will fit through it without issue. It says the inlet is 0.8" in diameter when fully open so I would think the probes would clear that, but with how deep the grommet is, and with the plugins being fixed at a right angle, I'm not sure.

http://www.stlbbqstore.com/thermometer-probe-port-for-bbq-grill-smoker/

Probe_Ports__22507.1469479224.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I have on my smoker and it's the same as several of the top builders use. They are available in the electrical dept at Lowe's. They work great. Just take the outer ring off and slip it over the probe wires, then put the probes through the rubber grommet and into the CC. No problem.

Smitty, this is my "new stainless everything must be pretty drum smoker", not my old "ugly drum smoker" :mrgreen:

Joe, didn't realize that outer ring screws all the way off. Sounds like I shouldn't have any issues getting a probe through, thanks!

"pretty on the outside but dirty on the inside" - yep, that works for smokers too :-D

I've picked up a couple of those fitting and put them back on the shelf as unnecessary. I either drill a hole (like Smitty) or notch the barrel lip to allow the (few) leads I use to pass cleanly.

Back