Primo grill cart score/rehab

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Ran across a Primo grill cart table on Craigslist a month or two ago, it was pretty dirty, was missing a few machine screws, and one of the two braked casters didn’t brake anymore. There was some rust on the side table tops, appeared to be from other objects sitting on it.

I built a wooden table back when I bought my grill 5 years ago but it’s showing its age and I decided to replace it with this. I think I paid $120 for the cart, $20 for four new braked casters, and a few bucks for the missing machine screws.

I used some Barkeepers Friend on the stainless tonight and it restored it to a like new finish. Swapped the casters yesterday and cleaned off the exterior to get rid of the dust and dirt. $145 or so all-in on a $749 cart, works for me.

When I transplant the grill I’m going to take the opportunity to remove the charcoal basin and give the interior and exterior a good cleaning. With the wooden table I left it exposed to the elements so it is a bit dirty. However with the new to me Primo cart I plan to keep a grill cover on it. I love Primo Oval XL, I’ll never sell it*

*unless Primo comes out with a dual walled metal version with the same shape.

I don’t really have any before pictures but you can kinda see the dirt level in the first pics.

Back