THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
George
Went to Publix and given the exorbitant meat prices, picked up a pork tenderloin that was on sale. Took it home with no plan on what to do with it. Decided to roll my own. Butterflied and sprinkled with Q salt and my pork rub and then spread a blended mushrooms, scallions, onion seasoned with some time (sauteed) then covered with prosciutto. Rolled and tied. Refrigerated for a few hours, brushed with some oil and sprinkled some more of the rub. Browned in the cast iron and stuck in the oven at 425 with a half cup of chicken broth, in the cast iron covered with lid for 45 min. After done, mixed some more of the broth with a tablespoon of flour for a rue. Result, delicious. Served with rice and green beans.
P.S. The green color in the roasting pan is from the sodium vapor light in the back yard.
By the way: delicious.

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow. You may have started without a plan but you sure put a good one together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great. Love pork tenderloin. Even if yo ust throw it on with a little seasoning it takes smoke very nicely, but your dish is primo.

Back