THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
I picked up a couple of nice, thick cut pork loin chops today at a super price. Thing is, they look like pork steaks. Do you do them like pork steaks? Oh, price was $5 for both.

I personalky like my pork steaks hot and fast. I'd probably do these the same and just do indirect after sear until they hit temp.

let us see a picture. if they are what I had a couple weeks ago, kinda looked like a 3/4" mini ribeye, cooked it hot and fast like a steak. Best pork chop I had ever had.

If they are actually lean loin chops, I recommend a quick simple brine then cook any way you like. I enjoy on the grill or cover with mustard then panko and air fry

I too suggest brining if they are loin chops.

A good brine can add flavor and tenderize the chop.

Basic Wet Brine
4 Cups Water
1/4 Cup Kosher Salt
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Cups of Ice Cubes

Heat water, to dissolve sugar and salt. Let cool slightly, add ice, then brine the meat.

Suggested Brine Times:
Thin Pork Chops: 2-4 hrs
Thick Pork Chops: 4-6 hrs

Other items can be added for additional flavor, Peppercorns, Herbs, fruit juice, ect.

Here they are after I froze them. Packaged together as Pork Loin Chops.

HdERFYQ.jpg

I can't see a blade bone through the middle of it, so don't think its a pork steak (we call them blade chops). From what i can see it's a loin chop, just not from a boneless loin.

When most people think of pork chops, they think of chops cut from the center part of the loin. The loin chops that you are showing are cut from the sirloin end of the loin. They eat good too, but I like to cook them with a finish temperature a little higher than a center cut loin which would be about 145F.

Lager,

Juggy

Back