THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Titch :-)
Pork Belly on the Rotisserie with an Apple Wombok Coleslaw.

Rubbed a piece of scored Pork Belly with salt, put in the fridge for the Day.

IMG_5240%20Medium_zpslfytsayj.jpg

In the Kettle in the Spit Basket.

IMG_5264%20Medium_zpswuzmi93l.jpg

Added some home made Saveloy when the skin was crisping up.

IMG_5274%20Medium_zpspeosjsf4.jpg

IMG_5275%20Medium_zpsm1goka0x.jpg

Wife made a great Apple and Wombok Slaw with a Mustard Honey Dressing.
The capers added a great flavour.

IMG_5294%20Medium_zps1hocf9sf.jpg

Portioned the Belly and Sausage, the Belly made a great crunching sound when being Cut.

IMG_5279%20Medium_zpsjr0lqftf.jpg

IMG_5289%20Medium_zps1n3ugefa.jpg

IMG_5288%20Medium_zpsknwvvehn.jpg

IMG_5292%20Medium_zpsulwsznh9.jpg

Plated and the pictures speak for themselves

My plate.

IMG_5308%20Medium_zpscr4zrtnf.jpg

Wifes Plate

IMG_5304%20Medium_zpsyvuzmco8.jpg

IMG_5306%20Medium_zpswkv3kh4p.jpg

IMG_5311%20Medium_zpscsmonhc3.jpg

IMG_5310%20Medium_zps0dq10v44.jpg

Belly skin was as crisp as a potato crisp ,meat was soft and Juicy

Thanks for looking in

Good looking pork belly. I've been thinking about putting belly on the rotisserie, never have yet. I've been thinking I might need a basket for my rotisserie.

That looks great. Now I'm not sure I want to roll mine now but I have a 7 pounder and not sure how to spin it on the roti whole and laying flat. I just have the forks and an ez-que basket.

That looks great. Now I'm not sure I want to roll mine now but I have a 7 pounder and not sure how to spin it on the roti whole and laying flat. I just have the forks and an ez-que basket.

Cut in half and have the skin out maybe, I had to google an EZ-Que.
I' sure it will come out fine no matter, belly is a great forgiving cut I believe

jsperk mine is 6.5 lbs that is cooking today and it's spinning whole and flat. There's definitely going to be a way to do it in the near future...just can't wait to share it with y'all but I will very soon. It's going to be a very unique way is all I can say now.

Titch your stuff is looking off the hook good!!! Wow...I'm very excited to get mine going this afternoon. I almost wish mine had the skin on so it won't have the crackling like yours.

That looks perfect - I love the crunch / butter soft combo of Belly

How did you get it to spin backwards?

Mine is 6.5 lbs that is cooking today and it's spinning whole and flat. There's definitely going to be a way to do it in the near future...just can't wait to share it with y'all but I will very soon. It's going to be a very unique way is all I can say now.

Titch your stuff is looking off the hook good!!! Wow...I'm very excited to get mine going this afternoon.
Looking forward to seeing this contraption, I do have a big basket for my big spit but its a cow to clean,holds about 40lb of Lamb

Looking forward to seeing this contraption, I do have a big basket for my big spit but its a cow to clean,holds about 40lb of Lamb
Wow that's a BIG one! LOL

Titch you'd be able to spin several whole bellies in a 22.5 inch size cooker (more on a bigger) with the new setup.

Oh and clean up on the roti tools is never fun that's for sure. I'm putting my stuff in the dishwasher then giving everything a quick clean with a scrub pad. Thank goodness for dishwashers though. lol

Wow that's a BIG one! LOL

Titch you'd be able to spin several whole bellies in a 22.5 inch size cooker (more on a bigger) with the new setup.

Oh and clean up on the roti tools is never fun that's for sure. I'm putting my stuff in the dishwasher then giving everything a quick clean with a scrub pad. Thank goodness for dishwashers though. lol

:doh: about 25lb, no idea how I got 40, 12 kilo

... There's definitely going to be a way to do it in the near future...just can't wait to share it with y'all but I will very soon. It's going to be a very unique way is all I can say now. ...

... just make sure there is a power option for 220/240V for the rest of the world. Hard-wired stuff at 110V is a pain otherwise.

Back