THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It depends on your market -
here in DC you can run from $6 to $12+

From my own business, I have learned to charge more, offer a superior product,
and you will cultivate your clients...
At first, when I was young, hungry and cheap, I had all cheap clients and referred me to other cheapskates......
I dumped them after a 'Come to Jesus' moment....

finding the price for product is not my problem these days. I am talking about the price just to show up. Obviously a large group I would not charge. Its the smaller groups or groups where you just don't know who is going to buy.

I am talking about the price just to show up.
for me, in my painting business, I cannot leave the house for less than $200, and that's an extreme rarity.
For you, your investment is more, I would try and get more...
I do not not know your Biz, or market.
Like I said, your foods looks scrumptious!

I don't have a food truck, but here's a local cajun food truck that lists prices on their site:
http://jemilsbigeasy.com/catering-2/

They have minimums for smaller amounts. But for catering with truck there, is the largest. I would think that's more akin to what you are doing with your extensive setup and takedown.

okay this is good stuff... a few quotes.

"For pick-ups less than our $500 minimum, prices are per the Truck Menu."

"Catering orders picked up at our kitchen have a $300 minimum."

"What are your minimums?
If you pick up your order at our kitchen there is a $300 minimum and prices are per the Truck Menu.
For delivery or non-truck catering, the minimum is $500 and prices are based on the Catering Menu.
To have the truck at your catered event, the minimum is $2,000."

Dang, they ain't ****in around. The prices are high but I like the wording. I teach for a living, so this is .... money
to afford to teach. LOL

You and I... And once Toast, we're all the same... In the words of JT...

"We bringin' sexy avatars back... Those other forums don't know how 2 act..."

Sarah Jean is my yoga instructor. It helps in my business to stay limber.

okay this is good stuff... a few quotes.

"For pick-ups less than our $500 minimum, prices are per the Truck Menu."

"Catering orders picked up at our kitchen have a $300 minimum."

"What are your minimums?
If you pick up your order at our kitchen there is a $300 minimum and prices are per the Truck Menu.
For delivery or non-truck catering, the minimum is $500 and prices are based on the Catering Menu.
To have the truck at your catered event, the minimum is $2,000."

Dang, they ain't ****in around. The prices are high but I like the wording. I teach for a living, so this is .... money
to afford to teach. LOL

No they ain't ****in around but neither are you! The price is the price

As a small (really small) operator of a service business i struggled with pricing. I would low ball myself all the time.

My advice. If your landing too many contracts your price is too low.

Sarah Jean is my yoga instructor. It helps in my business to stay limber.

No they ain't ****in around but neither are you! The price is the price

As a small (really small) operator of a service business i struggled with pricing. I would low ball myself all the time.

My advice. If your landing too many contracts your price is too low.

Well, I think you may be taking it the wrong way so let me clarify.

This person has the right attitude. Remember, I have experience but the MKT thing is kinda weird so I am open to input. I like the verbiage in these, but the money amounts of the minimums need to be adjusted to my market. this person is running a full time biz - I am a teacher and so this is to augment my income. Also, he has a three day a week schedule on the street and a full service outside kitchen cooking while he is out, and to add to that... his minimums are set up so little **** doesn't get in the way of his street biz. In short, it has to be big enough to take him away.

But like I said. I totally agree with pricing - sell urself short now and build a client base only to find they all leave when u raise ur price.

Back