Pit Boss 24" Ceramic Kamado at Costco

I looked at one at my local costco last night. They seem like a lot of kamado for only $599. I don't think you can go wrong really.

Have you guys put a DigiQ on one of these?

Not yet, but I see no reason it won't work well. You just need to find or make an adapter to fit the intake which may be the same as one that fits Vision and other brands.

I have a Heater Meter and Rotodamper on order that I will be using as a controller and for remote monitoring. Given how stable and easy it is to manually control now, I expect it will do fantastic with a controller once you get the settings down and don't over shoot too much. They are just like any other ceramic Kamado in that they will hold heat and be slower to cool down than a non insulated metal grill or smoker but on the flip side will benefit from the stability the ceramic provides.

They were always $599 in the US from they first day they showed up, so that is not the special close out price yet.

@ M-Fine - I think the asterisk means that COSTCO is discontinuing that product - not necessarily that the price is reduced. Supposedly when an item price ends with .97 - that indicates a reduction/special purchase.)

I believe you're right that they were always $599...

costco Canada

New member with first posting:

Went to Costco and looked at the 24 inch Pit Boss. Display model was terrible. Lid did not open or close properly and left a gap. Listed at $799 Can which is a good price here for a 24 inch Ceramic Egg. Anyway Bought one assuming that the assembly was terrible and that caused the poor function, likely damage to the hinge too. Assembled it at home and works perfectly. This evening I checked for accessories at Costco and noticed the same unit listed at $999.00. Looks like my timing was right. Will let you know after seasoning how the BBQ turns out.

FWIW, the Vision 18" was sold at Costco for ~$600 a few years ago. At the end of the summer season(early July here in SoCal) they dropped the price to $400. But it did seem that they had many more on the floor back then, so YMMV.

The Pit Boss has been sold out of my Costco and I hear they sold out even fast in other markets. If they do go on sale for $400 or less I think you are going to have to be lucky and opportunistic to grab one. Heck, I would pick up a second one at $399 in a heartbeat, well as long as my wife wasn't with me.

New member with first posting:

Went to Costco and looked at the 24 inch Pit Boss. Display model was terrible. Lid did not open or close properly and left a gap. Listed at $799 Can which is a good price here for a 24 inch Ceramic Egg. Anyway Bought one assuming that the assembly was terrible and that caused the poor function, likely damage to the hinge too. Assembled it at home and works perfectly. This evening I checked for accessories at Costco and noticed the same unit listed at $999.00. Looks like my timing was right. Will let you know after seasoning how the BBQ turns out.

In the US, they were/are $599 in store. Originally they were $599 plus $150 shipping at costco.com, but that updated to $750 with free shipping. That is likely the difference between the $799 and $999 CAD you are seeing.

Yup i saw them too (in rochester also)

Costco has them at $599 in store. They were $599 plus $150 delivery online but they changed that to $749 with delivery included online. They remain $599 in store if you can find a warehouse that still has them. The Rochester NY store had 2 on the floor yesterday.

I picked up the Pit boss 24" Kamado today at Costco for $399 Thx to a $200 instant rebate. Hard to beat a Kamado that size for that price. It's my first Kamado, so I'm pretty pumped. Hoping to find an adapter for my Guru, plus ordering a few other extras for it!

I picked up the Pit boss 24" Kamado today at Costco for $399 Thx to a $200 instant rebate. Hard to beat a Kamado that size for that price. It's my first Kamado, so I'm pretty pumped. Hoping to find an adapter for my Guru, plus ordering a few other extras for it!

Pretty sure you can find an adapter. That's a steal of a price for a big kamado. Congrats!

From what I have found, a current guru adapter can be cut down and modifies to work, and Guru is working on an adapter. At $400 I feel like these things are going to be very popular, which will hopefully grow the accessories market!

Yesterday evening's email from Costco showed these at $549.99 delivered and suggested "Item may be available in your local warehouse for a lower, non-delivered price." - tho they don't say what that price might be. Since the email was apparently generated to all members, I guess it's a national deal, with individual stores having some leeway in their floor pricing?

Two weeks after picking one of these up at Costco for $599, the $200 instant rebate was offered. I went in and Costco processed the rebate and handed me ten $20 bills. In my opinion, $399 is just a ridiculously good deal.

I've made a couple of modifications to it and used mine every weekend since getting it. I'm still getting used to kamado cooking, but so far I think it's a nice compliment to the Pit Barrel Cooker I've been using for a couple of years.

John

They sold out around here in early May and before that in other places. I think in store availability is going to be limited depending on where you live.

I'm anticipating many future threads, regarding lack of customer service/warranty/parts availability. The fact that it's being sold by Costco, I suppose you can just return it.

Back