THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibly my best brisket. Only done 12-15 but this is up there. (I kinda messed up some of the bark here where I was pulling the 3 hooks out)

lVsVs33l.jpg

Separated

ga5m2RVl.jpg

Family loved it--which is most important

vSNU5T8l.jpg

Pulled pork was good, too, but brisket stole the show

CSpkeNol.jpg

The cook ended up taking longer than usual--I guess 30# of meat will do that.

Bruh!

Excellent looking grub. Don't know what you're talking about the bark. Looks great and so does the smoke ring. You nailed it.

Looks great, Kanco. Nailed it.

The pork is always good but it definitely takes a back seat to brisket when I do both at the same time as well. The richness and more robust flavor of the brisket really stands out v. the pork.

I just got my Junior tonight. I ordered it on Wednesday afternoon as soon as they came back in stock. Assembly was a breeze, I had to take it out of the box and screw the handle on the lid.

I have a duck in the freezer that might be just right for a maiden cook, or I might play it safe with some wings or pork butt.

I just got my Junior tonight. I ordered it on Wednesday afternoon as soon as they came back in stock. Assembly was a breeze, I had to take it out of the box and screw the handle on the lid.

I have a duck in the freezer that might be just right for a maiden cook, or I might play it safe with some wings or pork butt.

Glad you’re with us, Nate!

After a month of super busy weekends, on back on the PBJ, with a boneless butt from Aldi! I cut it out of the webbing and ran out of butcher's twine, so I'm just letting it sit on the grate for the whole cook, covered in Meathead's magic dust. About three hours in so far and we're in the stall, but there's not problem with that. I'm just gonna let it run as long as it needs. I've got a head of cabbage so I'm gonna make some slaw while my daughter is napping.

Aldi had some 15 pound butts on sale, but I just went with a 6 pounder that wasn't. I can't imagine how long a 15 pound butt would take if you didn't cut it in half.

Pics later!

So, yesterday I did my second cook on the PBC (after waiting impatiently all week for another chance to use it) and I am still thrilled and amazed with what comes outta that thing! Not to mention how easy it is to use. I mean, I sit there, thinking, "Okay, gotta monitor this thing until it stabilizes and then keep checking it to make sure it's maintaining temp in the range I want, etc." Nope. It just cruises along, doing it's thing, filling the neighborhood with good smells, and streaming it's little happy wisps of blue smoke.

This time I used the hinged grate that arrived in the mail on Friday. I hung St. Louis spares and a split fryer to make huli huli chicken. I used the grate to to do bratwurst, grill pineapple slices and to crisp the chicken with higher heat when it was done. I threw in a couple of chunks of applewood for the ribs. When the chicken went on I threw in a handful of pecan chips.I understand that mesquite would have been a better choice. Huli huli chicken in hawaii s cooked over kiawe wood. Mesquite is a close approximation I'm told. These ribs were much meatier than my first batch, so they took 3.5 hours; half an hour longer than my first cook. I hung the chickens at the 2-hour after the ribs. They went for 90 minutes. I pulled them, basted them with sauce and re-hanged them. 15 minutes later, did that again. At the 2-hour mark I cracked the lid and removed one rebar to get the temp up quickly. Put the chicken directly on the grill and basted, flipped them after 5 minutes and rebasted. Let them go a couple minutes more and off the grill.

These are the fruits of my labor:

CmTF4iQ.jpg

bzyPFMU.jpg

Last edited:
Back