THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's cool Hobo! I've spoken with Noah several times (it's been awhile) and he's always been a great guy to talk to. We did a PBCAT 1 year Anniversary cook-off (Throw down style) a couple years ago and I worked out some awesome prizes for the winner with him. Noah was very generous with what he was willing to give away for that contest. I can't wait to watch your interview tomorrow! Like Sportster said, tell Noah and Amber we said hi...:becky:

We're hitting the 3 year mark of this thread Andrew. I think we need another TD.:heh:

Falls on Mother's day too.

I'm in....although Sako with all the TDs you've won....I nominate you to be the full time judge...so everyone else has a chance...

And didnt you win the first one too?

:laugh:

I did. This time I'll just be a spectator. Or a judge.

I do brats almost every time I fire her up; however, I am always doing a large piece of meat at the same time so temp is a concern. Due to that, I go lid on for at least 1:15.

I imagine if you go lid off, 45 would probably do it. Regardless, they are fantastic on the PBC.

I've done brats on the PBC and the Lang several times each. I can honestly say I prefer them grilled...they just don't have the same flavor, texture, or snap to them when smoked.

I do need to try them like a reverse sear...smoke for a while and finish on the grill....

Definitely different than high heat, for sure. If I had a choice and was only doing brats, I would grill them as opposed to going through the process of lighting the PBC.

They are awesome as a mid-cook snack while doing large cuts on the PBC, however.

Just picked up a used PBC about an hour away from me for $100. Came with the ash catcher,drop down grate and a PBC cover. Can’t wait to get her cleaned up and fired up. I’ve been wanting one for about 3 years now!

Dont worry about cleaning up the inside of the PBC. Other than dumping the ash out and occasionally using a putty knife to scrape ash/grease off the bottom so the charcoal bucket will sit flat....no other cleaning. That's called seasoning...not dirt.

Fire it up !

Dont worry about cleaning up the inside of the PBC. Other than dumping the ash out and occasionally using a putty knife to scrape ash/grease off the bottom so the charcoal bucket will sit flat....no other cleaning. That's called seasoning...not dirt.

Fire it up !

Right on! I wasn’t gonna touch the inside. Just wanted to give the out side a good wipe down. Get her shining again. What should I cook first??

Right on! I wasn’t gonna touch the inside. Just wanted to give the out side a good wipe down. Get her shining again. What should I cook first??

Well, most people on this thread will say hang some chicken halves...they turn out awesome. I'm also a big fan of PBC ribs...

With that hanging grate you can easily fit 1-2 racks of ribs and 1-2 chicken halves on one side....and a fatty on the other!

Sako made a Burger King Burger last week on the PBC and it has been on my mind since he did it. So tonight I gave it a shot. As some of ya’ll know I have had my fair share of problems with the PBC and temps, but tonight I just let it loose and damn if I did not just make some tasty burgers! I got some Royal Oak lump with a block of Hickory and got the grill up to about 400-475 and slapped some burgers on the grill and man they just turned out fantastic.

I gave my daughter a taste and she gave the thumbs up!! But I have got to agree with ssv3 and these are some good flame broiled burgers.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_a2b.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_a2b.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 350
Sako made a Burger King Burger last week on the PBC and it has been on my mind since he did it. So tonight I gave it a shot. As some of ya’ll know I have had my fair share of problems with the PBC and temps, but tonight I just let it loose and damn if I did not just make some tasty burgers! I got some Royal Oak lump with a block of Hickory and got the grill up to about 400-475 and slapped some burgers on the grill and man they just turned out fantastic.

I gave my daughter a taste and she gave the thumbs up!! But I have got to agree with ssv3 and these are some good flame broiled burgers.

Attaboy, Rib Rub! Sako has a talent for inspiring PBC cooks.

Hey guys. When doing shorter cooks like chicken do you still need to fill the charcoal basket to the top? Seems like overkill. I know Noah Says to in the videos. Thanks!

Back