THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's what the 12 different BBQ sauces in my fridge are for haha.

I agree; however, I've been getting pretty good results from doing the reheat at 50% power on the microwave and going low time so I don't overdo it. Like a haircut, you can always cut more but you can't put the hair back once you cut it.

They've definitely helped me cope with the Kings losing the last two games at home and being swept out of the playoffs. Get home from the game at 11:30 and fire up some ribs.

I just wish ribs reheated better. Nothing like when they come off the pit and the fat is all rendered and the meat is tender and juicy.

Almost prefer leftover ribs cold!
I find that the microwave does an excellent job. Just don't get in a hurry. 30 seconds, then wait, check them, another 30 seconds, and so on.
Even off the cooker, most don't serve them right away.

Steaks on the PBJ. Thinking steak sammiches.

BbvypmAh.jpg

That's what the 12 different BBQ sauces in my fridge are for haha.

I agree; however, I've been getting pretty good results from doing the reheat at 50% power on the microwave and going low time so I don't overdo it. Like a haircut, you can always cut more but you can't put the hair back once you cut it.

They've definitely helped me cope with the Kings losing the last two games at home and being swept out of the playoffs. Get home from the game at 11:30 and fire up some ribs.

Smart move - huge Kings fan as well...TV was almost destroyed after that playoff series sweep....painful. firing up PBC this weekend with some cold brews to sooth the pain.

Smart move - huge Kings fan as well...TV was almost destroyed after that playoff series sweep....painful. firing up PBC this weekend with some cold brews to sooth the pain.

See, I did a preemptive strike to make sure last weekend was still decent by doing all of the ribs on Saturday in the event they lost on Sunday.

At least the Ducks soothed my irritation by losing in worse fashion every night following the Kings losses.

Sorry fellas,

Barely getting a chance to post. Was too tired after eating awesome sammiches to post. I waited/got carried away too long before putting the steaks on so my fire lost it's oomph but still came out really good. Could've been better.

3fs2Mwzh.jpg

German blue cheese

oiR30hHh.jpg

EDtPGxih.jpg

Sammich consisted of strip loin steak, mayo (didn't have horseradish) grilled onions, blue cheese

xzZQvpJh.jpg

5f5dgMBh.jpg

Toasted :becky:

F3rPug7h.jpg

Good stuff, Sako! It looked like you had it set up as a comparison of rubs. Did that happen and what were your impressions?

Thanks Kanco! All were good and can't say I like one than the others. I'm mostly an S&P guy when it comes to beef but I have a ton of rubs I'm trying to get through so I switch it up at times.

Just off the top of my head for beef specifically I have:

Black Ops from Oakridge
Carne Crosta from Oakridge
Santa Maria From Oakridge
Tatonka Dust for Owens
What's your beef from Loot N Booty BBQ
Beef and Game from PBC
Montreal steak seasoning

There's more and these are just for beef that I can remember :laugh:

Planning a cookout for this Sunday and have an 8# pork shoulder and a few slabs of ribs. Looking for some suggestions for the pork shoulder as this will only be the second one that I have done. For the first one I put a rub on the night before then put it on the PBC the next morning. Got the temp up to 165 then foiled it and pulled it at 200, wrapped in towels and put in a cooler.

Interested in knowing thoughts on injecting with apple juice (or similar), mopping, spritzing, etc. Any tips that you guys have to offer are greatly appreciated.

As for the ribs, i'll hang them and then pull and sauce at the end and put them back on for 10-15 mins. Any pros/cons to wrapping them and putting them on the grate or should I only hang the ribs.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

I have tried injecting and spritzing and wrapping butts...honestly I prefer to let them run naked the whole way....better bark. Now if you have a time crunch then wrapping speeds it up for sure.

Ribs..kinda the same thing....I like to let them run naked. I know there are some people who love them wrapped...but I don't find it necessary.

However, if you are happy with the results you got last time...you can always stick with it!

What is the benefit to spritzing/mopping? Just extra moisture & flavor? does it help w/ the bark at all?

As for injecting, what sort of injections should be used?

I have tried injecting and spritzing and wrapping butts...honestly I prefer to let them run naked the whole way....better bark. Now if you have a time crunch then wrapping speeds it up for sure.

Ribs..kinda the same thing....I like to let them run naked. I know there are some people who love them wrapped...but I don't find it necessary.

However, if you are happy with the results you got last time...you can always stick with it!

I am also wondering if spritzing/mopping makes a significant difference in the PBC. I've always just run them naked and have rarely done a sauce for the last 15 minutes.

Back