First of all....GO KINGS!

Second....curious how big was your butt and how long did it take total? Only done ribs and chicken on the pbc so far....looking to do a butt soon. Wasn't sure you still get a big stall effect cooking on the pbc.

The Kings can definitely go somewhere else with the way they've been playing this year :frusty:

The butt was a tad over 7 pounds. Had four racks of spares going same time which could have changed things...not sure.

Due to the game, I didn't have time to ride it out. I've generally wrapped at 165-170 per Noah's instructions but wanted to let it ride longer this time.

The revelation for me was how awesome it was after the longer hold. I've generally been serving for impatient guests right away or holding for an hour or so at most due to--again--impatient guests.

Now I've got to factor in a longer hold time when it comes to guests. Going to have to wake up earlier!

The Kings can definitely go somewhere else with the way they've been playing this year :frusty:

The butt was a tad over 7 pounds. Had four racks of spares going same time which could have changed things...not sure.

Due to the game, I didn't have time to ride it out. I've generally wrapped at 165-170 per Noah's instructions but wanted to let it ride longer this time.

The revelation for me was how awesome it was after the longer hold. I've generally been serving for impatient guests right away or holding for an hour or so at most due to--again--impatient guests.

Now I've got to factor in a longer hold time when it comes to guests. Going to have to wake up earlier!

first - thanks to everyone for the replies!

King - yes Kings are killing me - going to be pissed if they miss the playoffs!

another question for all as I'm doing 3 racks of spares tomorrow and 2 chickens...do you guys do the 3-2-1 method and wrap the ribs? One time I did ribs on the pbc and just hung them, no wrap and they were great. curious if i will get better results going 3-2-1?

I hang them, spritz a few times during the cook if needed, unwrapped. Only time I wrap is if I'm pressed for time. I've never done nor do I believe in 3-2-1, 2-2-1, 9-1-1 :becky: Each rib/cut is different from one another so the outcome is never the same following one method of cooking.

Great almost every time. Almost because sometimes the ribs themselves suck like I mentioned.

4AjTHqWh.png

XUCa6Zmh.png

gDb9jmk544rxgmlrbWXNw9DbMivdpzrt-3bZgDjlX2E=w552-h981-no

Last edited:
Has anyone ever done just turkey breast before? Tomorrow I'm planning a 2.8 pound boneless skin on breast and I'm wondering how long it will take and if I can use just the half basket method.

Thanks Gordon! ^^^

Time to hang

yf1Gr6Yh.jpg

A little improvisation. Gutted about 1/4 of the fire basket of coals to make room for the leg since it's pretty long. Also the reason for drilling down the bone is to bring it up. Can't drill too low down the bone then your lid wouldn't close because it'd bring the leg too high up.

TCwt2DJh.jpg

Hanging with some pastrami also

xlkh6ehh.jpg

And now we wait

lRDJh4Xh.jpg

Thanks guys! It wasn't my first rodeo doing a whole leg but I have to say it's nearly effortless to do one in the PBC. Consistent and amazing results each time.

Back