THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm gonna be smoking two 7lb pork shoulders for Christmas. What kind of total cook times have you guys experienced with pork shoulders? Mine pork shoulders always turn out awesome but for some reason my cook times tend to take quite a bit longer than what Noah and the good YouTuber's say it should. I've always done the lighter fluid method but this time I may try using my chimney starter to see if that helps.

I'm gonna be smoking two 7lb pork shoulders for Christmas. What kind of total cook times have you guys experienced with pork shoulders? Mine pork shoulders always turn out awesome but for some reason my cook times tend to take quite a bit longer than what Noah and the good YouTuber's say it should. I've always done the lighter fluid method but this time I may try using my chimney starter to see if that helps.

With pork shoulders, I've done enough of them to standardize my practice and no longer need to check temps or worry about stalls. They go on for 4 hours and then they're wrapped with a little liquid and go back for another 2 hours. They're almost always done at this point. This is with typically a 7-10 lb size shoulder.

prime rib in the barrel. it turned out pretty good. my new phone cam is bad. it's really bad in lower light. this looks much more red in person.

BsYq8ckl.jpg

WYhUMq3l.jpg

Looks well done. Smh

The PBC is awesome. If you're open to suggestions mine is "make you're first PBC cook memorable."
It's amazing what you can cook on a single load of coals. 3 racks of ribs, a brisket and two chickens is not a problem.

Congratulations !!

Back