hey Andrew any way I can get that exact abt recipe wow kid they look AWESOME ..... if so just pm or post in here thanks brother

Pretty simple, I just used a Jimmy Dean Hot sausage rubbed with your favorite rib rub. I also added HDD. Then smoked like you would any fatty. Once it was done and cooled I chopped it up and mixed with 8oz of cream cheese. Stuffed that into the peppers and once they were done I topped with shredded cheddar cheese for about 2 min. That's it. ....

Ok girls and boys, the brisket is done. It turned out ok but not great. Flavor wise it was great and the point was great but the flat was dryer than I like and not as tender as it should have been. I believe I may have pulled it out of the cooker a little too soon. Oh well live and learn. I'm gonna chop it up for chopped beef sandwiches anyway.....I did get a great smoke ring though. Here's a few pics. I made a black bean and corn salad too. Hope you enjoyed the show today....I'm beat!

Attachments

• 20160214_182403.jpg
    20160214_182403.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 20160214_182504.jpg
    20160214_182504.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 20160214_182618.jpg
    20160214_182618.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 209
dont like putting pictures of my cooks because all the pros here but i just gotta say this cooker is just way too easy to use and makes very good food. i had a wsm and large green egg before and i like the pbc much better.

simple cook i did today. 6lb boston no rub just cacheres seasoning salt and olive oil. wrapped at 157, took out at about 200. very delicious and juicy and im nodding my head here how easy this was. and to think there is almost 0 cleanup.

Attachments

• pulled pork.jpg
    pulled pork.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 203
Andy that briskie looks fine to me.....you know it could have been the brisket. They are not all the same for sure.

Brady that's some good looking butt right there.

Ok girls and boys, the brisket is done. It turned out ok but not great. Flavor wise it was great and the point was great but the flat was dryer than I like and not as tender as it should have been. I believe I may have pulled it out of the cooker a little too soon. Oh well live and learn. I'm gonna chop it up for chopped beef sandwiches anyway.....I did get a great smoke ring though. Here's a few pics. I made a black bean and corn salad too. Hope you enjoyed the show today....I'm beat!

Is a beautiful smoke ring. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

dont like putting pictures of my cooks because all the pros here but i just gotta say this cooker is just way too easy to use and makes very good food. i had a wsm and large green egg before and i like the pbc much better.

simple cook i did today. 6lb boston no rub just cacheres seasoning salt and olive oil. wrapped at 157, took out at about 200. very delicious and juicy and im nodding my head here how easy this was. and to think there is almost 0 cleanup.

Mmmmm! Looks great! Great job.

Andy that briskie looks fine to me.....you know it could have been the brisket. They are not all the same for sure.

Brady that's some good looking butt right there.

Thanks! Yeah, I thought of that and still think it could have just been the brisket. Especially when the point seemed just right. Who knows.....my wife liked it....lol

Looking good regardless Andrew. Judging by the the pic I call the meat the culprit. I've had the same texture a time or two and it was exactly as you described it. Believe it or not at times it's the meat. I base this on the many briskets I've cooked on the PBC and I know that texture.

Look familiar? This was a prime and cooked on the PBC. Was good but not great like you said. Cooked like I always do.

20140119_183905_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jpg

Nothing wrong with that Brady. :thumb:

Looking good regardless Andrew. Judging by the the pic I call the meat the culprit. I've had the same texture a time or two and it was exactly as you described it. Believe it or not at times it's the meat. I base this on the many briskets I've cooked on the PBC and I know that texture.

Look familiar? This was a prime and cooked on the PBC. Was good but not great like you said. Cooked like I always do.

20140119_183905_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jpg

Thanks Sako....and yes that flat does look similar. Like the grain is too tight or something. Not sure if it matters, but I had it in the deep freezer since October. It was in the cryovac though. .....

It still tastes good. I just wouldn't serve it to friends. ...well not the flat. The point I would though.

Thanks Sako....and yes that flat does look similar. Like the grain is too tight or something. Not sure if it matters, but I had it in the deep freezer since October. It was in the cryovac though. .....

It still tastes good. I just wouldn't serve it to friends. ...well not the flat. The point I would though.

Nothing to do with the freezer because the above was straight from Costco. I think some flats are way leaner and no marbling whatsoever like in our case.

Nothing to do with the freezer because the above was straight from Costco. I think some flats are way leaner and no marbling whatsoever like in our case.

Yeah probably so. I don't guess you can see marbling in a brisket? Seems since you ended up with a prime that had little marbling then it must be difficult to grade...

Yeah probably so. I don't guess you can see marbling in a brisket? Seems since you ended up with a prime that had little marbling then it must be difficult to grade...

Sometimes but mostly not. Honestly it's a gamble since beef is graded by the muscle between the 12th and 13th rib for the whole animal. While you may qualify or have a prime grade ribeye, rest of the cuts not so much.

Sometimes but mostly not. Honestly it's a gamble since beef is graded by the muscle between the 12th and 13th rib for the whole animal. While you may qualify or have a prime grade ribeye, rest of the cuts not so much.

Did not know that! Makes it more understandable now!

Back