Pig Roast & Pot Luck Time Again! Sun. 9/2

Gotta bump this thread in case somebody needs to have an incredible experience this weekend and missed seeing this.

Greg, I'll be bringing a big bowl of potato salad (as requested :hungry:), a cheesecake (homemade, of course), the wing sauce :flame::flame::flame:, and a case of water. I'll have my cooler with ice also. Hoping to be able to put the potato salad and cheesecake in your fridge when I get there, if not, it can stay in the cooler. Planning on trying to get there early afternoon to help out and BS.

Anything else?

Last edited:
Since it seems as if there'll be ample meat, I'm making up a batch of red onion relish tomorrow and bringing some of our excess tomato crop that can be sliced on site for whatever anybody wants to put a slice of tomato on, or in close proximity to. See y'all (for whatever subset of "y'all" that is) on Sunday.

Greg, I'll be bringing a big bowl of potato salad (as requested :hungry:), a cheesecake (homemade, of course), the wing sauce :flame::flame::flame:, and a case of water. I'll have my cooler with ice also. Hoping to be able to put the potato salad and cheesecake in your fridge when I get there, if not, it can stay in the cooler. Planning on trying to get there early afternoon to help out and BS.

Anything else?

Sounds great! Should have room in the fridge if I don't inhale the potato salad and swallow the cheesecake like an aspirin first. :shocked:. Looking forward to seeing you!

Since it seems as if there'll be ample meat, I'm making up a batch of red onion relish tomorrow and bringing some of our excess tomato crop that can be sliced on site for whatever anybody wants to put a slice of tomato on, or in close proximity to. See y'all (for whatever subset of "y'all" that is) on Sunday.

Killer! I told my lovely wife you were growing 'maters and she may have some questions to ask you. She's been growing 'em off and on for a while, but isn't happy with the results she's currently getting. Nothing like home grown tomatoes! :whoo: Looking forward to meating you on Sunday!

Charles, if you hop in your car, you can still make it. Save on airfare, and eat enough for the week!

Marty, I was so tempted. I have a six day weekend that was scheduled back in June thinking if a SoCal bash didn't happen I would hit Greg's Pig Roast.

Hoping y'all have a spectacular time tomorrow.

and probably busting out some sausage (homemade and some awesome links from frognot)

Gotta bump this thread and glad to know will be there in spirit and possibly sausage . . .

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Critter is all shot up with Sweet Brine O'Mine and resting up for the big day tomorrow.

Couple racks of cheap spares jumped into the cart today, and we may have picked up a little boudin. Might be good for some early snacks. :hungry:

and away we go...

picture.php

Fantastic time yesterday at Greg's place. I always enjoy heading over there, helping out, and eating. Throwing a party for about 60 people is a lot of work, so I arrived around noonish to help as much as I could. Greg had the pig, beef ribs, pork ribs, and beans already going. We got to BS a little, then started sausages, wings, and more prep work. From that point on we were busy. The crowd rolled in and the food was served. I was going to take lots of pics, but didn't :sad:. Here they are

Wings on the RK.

UxIrQId.jpg

Greg decorating.

qoP1SQk.jpg

The main event.

SrCpBum.jpg

Greg threw on some hot dogs for the smaller kids. About 2 hours later I remembered them. They weighed less than one quarter of their original weight and snapped like a pretzel!

mBgs5y8.jpg

That's all I got. Maybe a few more pics to follow, or not?! You'll just have to take our word for it, it was a feast! The 65 # pig was polished off without a crumb left.

Back