Philly Taco Tuesday

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
Our local pizzeria also makes good cheesesteaks so we decided to get both and make Philly Tacos.

They are all the rage for drunk people in Philly who are out partying all night. They are also easy to make, Just wrap a slice of pizza around a cheesesteak!

Here is mine before the wrap.
45-DB599-A-ADF1-4-C85-9446-96-A96-D7-FA62-B.jpg

I didn’t get a picture of mine wrapped so here is a fancy photo that i lifted off the web.
Philly+Taco%2C+South+Street%2C+Spring+Festival%2C+South+Street+Spring+Festival%2C+Restaurants

I guess you gotta have a thin crust pizza without many toppings and a not-so-jam-packed cheese steak for that to fit in the pie hole.

Either that or a really big pie hole. :shock:

I guess you gotta have a thin crust pizza without many toppings and a not-so-jam-packed cheese steak for that to fit in the pie hole.

Either that or a really big pie hole. :shock:

Just a plain slice of New York style pizza. It can get sloppy, but that don’t matter when you are drunk.

The trend started using an oversized slice from a 28” pizza from Lorenzos pizza on South Street paired with a cheesesteak from Jim’s steaks which is a block down the street.

Here is a video of one on South street. https://youtu.be/u8mby6Akms0

South Street in Philadelphia was a major party street for decades. It is also the inspiration for the song “where do all the hippies meet? (South street, south Street)”. The place was nuts on Friday nights when I’d go there in the 80’s!

Larry Fine (from the three stooges) was born and raised on South Street.

Here is a slice of Lorenzo’s pizza.
lorenzos_eatdrink_detail_1.ashx

Last edited:
That looks like tomatoes and ketchup on your cheesesteak??? :tape:

It is. I was born and raised in Philly and fried onions and ketchup is a popular combination. That’s the way I ate them growing up. I accidentally got one with tomatoes years ago and found that I like it and have been getting them that way ever since. My wife likes them that way too. A cheese steak hoagie is also popular, it’s a cheesesteak with fried onions, lettuce and tomato. I also like pizza steaks with mushrooms. It a cheesesteak with provolone, mushrooms, and spaghetti sauce.

Locals don’t eat cheese wiz either. American or provolone is the cheese of choice.

Last edited:
Back