Pellet Grill...awesome tool to have for so many different reasons

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
I know a lot of bbq people cite many different reasons why they would never consider having a pellet grill. However, the pellet grill is such an awesome tool for so many things. Obviously as many people have put on here it does an excellent job at overnight cooks or cooking while you have other things going on at home, but there are so many other uses. I love using my pellet grill to smoke sides, dips, cheese, and other items that would be considered over smoked on my charcoal smoker. After 2+ years with Fancy, I don't know that I would get caught not having one for specific jobs. Also, good wifi on it rocks!
What do y'all think?

I've only had my Pit Boss for a couple weeks and I really like it a lot. The convenience is hard to beat. I'm not going to compare it to my stick burner because they are two completely different animals. In short I like fishing and I have more than one pole and many different lures in my tackle box. I also like smoking and grilling so.....

I'm a die hard stick burner but I've owned 3 pellet cookers. I don't think I'll be without one.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I've only had my Pit Boss for a couple weeks and I really like it a lot. The convenience is hard to beat. I'm not going to compare it to my stick burner because they are two completely different animals. In short I like fishing and I have more than one pole and many different lures in my tackle box. I also like smoking and grilling so.....

The more important question is what do you smoke your fish on?:mrgreen:

I have a pellet cooker just for long smokes when I don’t feel like being up all night. As long as you don’t confuse what it does with an offset or grill, you won’t be disappointed.

When I use the pellet side of my Bandera, I call it a smokey mirowave or smokey crock pot. They definately have a place in my cookin' stable

My 590 fits my needs. Though I always want another offset.

Precise temperature control is a huge selling point. That and the ability to raise and lower temperatures easily during a cook. You know exactly what you are going to get when you turn it on. I will never be without one, but the same can be said for my Primo and Weber Kettle. They all have their place. The only thing missing is a high quality stick burner but I just don’t have the time for it. I am building a new outdoor cooking area one we add on to our house which will include a new indoor/outdoor kitchen. I was going to splurge on a really nice stickburner but opted for a LSG pellet grill instead

I'm still one of the holdouts. I have no desire for a pellet grill.

Smart man.

With your lineup of cookers, you really don't need anything else unless you want to add an offset. I wouldn't, unless you just like fire tending.

I'm glad that everyone that has a pellet cooker likes them, that's great, it's what makes the world go around. But every time this topic is brought up or opinions asked, as I pass that poor horse, I cannot resist picking up a stick and giving it another wack. The only way that I would own a pellet cooker is if some pellet comapny gave me one. And I think the chances of that happening are Slim and None and Slim just left town.

I'm starting a new organization called Pellets Anonymous. Stay tuned for details.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:
Back