How to transport a pellet grill

KevinZ

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Hello,

I have a 36" Camp Chef Woodwind Pro pellet grill and want to bring it to the lake for a vacation to cook for the week. The lake is about an hour drive from me but I don't own a truck and wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to transport this? It seems the challenge would be bringing it back after cooking all week on it as it will be pretty dirty . Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

I just read back over this thread again, including my own responses, and then tried to put myself in your place, writing your first post. Here you are with a pellet cooker that won’t go in your trunk, you have no truck, and you want to take your cooker to the lake with you. Before you posted, what were you hoping to hear from us that wasn’t obvious already? I’m serious. I mean, if you love your cooker and can’t picture yourself at the lake without it, and it won’t fit in your car, you rent a trailer, borrow a trailer, buy a truck, borrow a truck. And that’s about it. Or I guess you could strap it to the top of your sedan and get some laughs posting the video on YouTube. But again, and I’m serious, other than the obvious, logical answers to your question, what could any of us have contributed that wasn’t already clear? And I guess I am asking the rest of the brethren as well. What am I missing?

Edit: I can be pretty stupid, pretty often, so it’s entirely possible I’m being stupid again. What am I missing here?

Last edited:
I have one of those hitch racks and they are awesome but i dont think this is a viable option for you. They work great for coolers and luggage or firewood but they bounce a lot. My concern is that it would shake the living you know what out of the pellet grill and you will have damage.

One thought or suggestion would be cooking a few low and slow cooks ahead of time. Then all that’s required would be a warmup. Also, blackstone has a small portable griddle that has a zippered bag for transport. That might work well for outdoor meals and there’s not much there to damage.
Best of luck.

Back