THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
Grilled Avocado Omelette Boats

Ingredients:
-1 large avocado per person (you can split it light eaters)
-2 strips of bacon finely chopped per whole avocado
-2 finely chopped bell peppers (different colors)
-Finely chopped red bundle of green onions
-1 egg per half avocado

Directions:
-Slice each avocado in half the long way, removing the pit.
*Tip: Use a muffin tin to hold the avocados upright when preparing/cooking.
-With a spoon, scrape out enough avocado to form an avocado boat.
-Gently pour one egg into each “boat” holding back about half the egg white as it’ll overflow.
-Sprinkle each boat with the finely chopped bell peppers, bacon and green onion (and anything that may sound good).
-Season to taste with salt/pepper.
-Place on indirect cooker running at 400°.
-Cook for approx 15 mins. At that point sprinkle with cheese if desired and go for another 5 mins.
-Remove when consistency of eggs is to your liking.

Top with sour cream, hot sauce or whatever and ENJOY!

a3bb5615e01c805171df9f1ee6442341.jpg

e6139b11473ae8a7f556d5e936c10943.jpg

efa0e822c5b07e7a61359692c2e4b3ab.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, please!

I'd love to help make one of those disappear.

Thanks for the recipe!

That looks delicious!

I'm always looking for new breakfast (or supper) ideas, thank you. :)

Wow! I'm not an avocado fan but I'm sure i would eat a couple of those.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice!

That looks pretty delicious! I have had, some stuffed, grilled avocado, but not with eggs. Thanks! :clap2:

I just finished these! Topped with smoked cheddar and pico de gallo. Toasted a hash brown patty to go with it. Great idea..Very tasty and warming. I chickened out and did them the oven this time-It was snowing(come on spring!!!). Thanks for the idea. Larry

I just finished these! Topped with smoked cheddar and pico de gallo. Toasted a hash brown patty to go with it. Great idea..Very tasty and warming. I chickened out and did them the oven this time-It was snowing(come on spring!!!). Thanks for the idea. Larry
Glad you enjoyed! I had another round yesterday morning (leftovers) for breakfast and man they were satisfying :)

Back