PBC is great, but I need a grill!

Sako, does that 18 roti fit the PBC?

It does with the ring's three legs extending out and clinging on the top of the PBC but there is a 1/4 to 3/8" gap due to inside the vessel fitting design of the kit. It obviously wasn't designed for a PBC so I made it work by using foil to cover the gap which made it manageable. It still ran significantly hotter but with the PBC firebox so low it didn't hurt anything. It's perfect for hot an fast and it made a difference in taste not just for me but others as well that tried PBC food before with and w/out the roti.

I'm a believer in rotisserie. I don't care how moist your cooker makes you q or meats, the roti takes it up several notches used in those same cookers.

Here's the set up and the foil to fill the gap:

Close the rebar holes with magnets first

gs5rFeUh.png

DeOC8RAh.png

0xSD2WJh.png

VCjeA4mh.png

Belly

eNhJs1Ph.png

HKeawMbh.png

XBG3USGh.png

matdf4Ph.png

Butt

koR0A7oh.png

Insanely moist

30TnI7fh.png

9zmecNph.png

I was going to say Master Touch I just got one and really like the height of it and the lid holder and it doesn't take up as much spare as the performer.

The Jumbo Joe has become my primary gril. Had a Smokey Joe but could never get it hot enough for my liking so I sold it at a garage sale years ago. The Jumbo Joe is perfect for most of my grilling needs. Not as compact as the Smokey but still easily portable. Has enough additional airspace to get raging hot when necessary.

This.

I got the Jumbo Joe for Christmas (gave my Smokey Joe to one of my cousins) and I've used it all winter. Absolutely love it! It has real capacity. With the side lever rotating up and snapping into place on the lid handle, it's very portable. And, it's a charcoal miser. I also have the 22 Performer and the 26, but even as the weather warms and I can cook on my patio again (which is where my bigger kettles reside), I still see myself using the Jumbo Joe pretty much any time it's grate space is adequate for what I'm cooking.

Last edited:
i bought a set of grill grates and it made converting to grilling on the PBC easy. I have added a second set of pins to be able to have a second grate halfway between the coal basket and the stock grill height. This past week I hung 6 tri-tips and cooked until 120 degrees pulled then added the stock grate on the lower pegs and placed the "Grill Grates" on top of it and left the lid off. After 5 minutes I put the tri-tips back on the grill grates 3 at a time to reverse sear. Gotta say it worked awesome. Added a great sear real fast with out tons of flare up. Next time I am going to put the charcoal basket on the lower shelf pins and the grill grates on the upper grate for standard grilling. I purchased the "Grill Grates" designed for round barrels 18.5" and they work fine with a little adjustment. Those also fit my Davy Crockett so it was a win win.

Back