PBC Brisket and Kettle Beans

dcimike125

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Mike
Decided to go for my Master of Science in Brisketology (M.S.B.) today. Started the brisket using my chipotle pepper rub at 7am on my PBC. First beer at 10am (I am going sort of TX style today so I skipped the High Life and went with Lone Star) and followed it up with my baked beans. The wife said no beans - too hot to run the oven.

Adapt, Improvise and Overcome. Fired up the Weber Kettle around 11:30. Smoking the beans over apple chunks and KBB
IMG_3389.JPG
I used the Aaron Franklin onion method to hold the probe.

My bean recipe is simple but delicious:
Four 28oz cans B&M original rinsed
2 granny smith apples diced
1 medium yellow onion course diced
1 1/2 handful golden raisins
1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy
4 strips thick cut bacon cut into quarters

Finished beans:
IMG_3393.JPG

Brisket going to foil. Basted with my 4th Lone Star:
IMG_3392.JPG

Biggest struggle was first time using the PBC with humidity. I had to adjust for this a couple times. But it came out so good that my next door neighbor who is the executive chef at a high end Wyndham Resorts conference center asked if he could buy a brisket and have me show him how to cook on the PBC next weekend:whoo:

IMG_3397.JPG

This post brought to you by
logo.png
(Shout out to you Brethren from the Lone Star State :wave:)

I won 1st place about 14 years ago in a citywide firehouse cookoff for the beans but this is the first time I did them on a grill. Came out way better than my expectations. The apple chunks with the KBB did it I think

Everything looks great. Will have to try that bean recipe. Looks like you made enough to feed a small army!

Back