THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TealStBBQKing

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeff
Hey everyone happy Sunday. I'm making pastrami today and I have extra rub. I usually make pastrami 3-4x a year so I could just save this rub but I feel like using it before my next pastrami cook. My first thought it to use it to make pastrami bacon but beyond that I don't know what else I could use it for; I'm happily waiting for your suggestions!

People make Pastrami ribs- both pork and beef You can also put the rub in the freezer till you need it again
Check out a recent post by SirPorkaLot and also those by JasonTQ

I'm pretty sure I saw a pastrami'd pork brisket on the YouTubes somewhere in my travels. Maybe you can deconstruct a pork butt and just cure up the money muscle or some hocks or something.

Last edited:
I am probably crazy, but i don't care for the traditional pastrami spice rub. So i say use what you like on smoked brisket. And just adapt it to smoked corned brisket. That said, Its Turkey season, so why not cure and smoke Turkey Pastrami! I prefer the Legs, but the breast works just as well if you don't over cook.

Search for posts from Jason TQ. He pastrami's everything. And all of them look delicious!

Back