panko walleye !!

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
I'll check my stock and see what I can do fer ya. Ya may just have to come up and help us catch some in da spring. bring your egg! LOL

that is a possibility!

i was really just kidding again on the more walleye thing, but i wouldn't turn it down if you have some getting old in the freezer :cool:

a guy from work told me he has some frog legs and wild suckling pigs in his freezer and he wants me to have them. geeee... ok, if i have to! :biggrin:

Great links Rick...thanks. I'm curious...where do you get your ideas and inspirations from for your recipes and ingredients? (without giving up your secrets of course). I'm amazed at the variety of your creations.

46 years of life, my friend. (actually, whatever is in the kitchen at the time)

it was close... that one piece still tas ted gud :cool:

That is the luck of the draw with pan frying, but it still has a flavor (and color) advantage over just deep frying.

Always better to be too long than too short on the first side though.
Long as it's not burned, its good.:-D

I couldn't have said it better...always pick the side you want "up" on the plate and cook that side "down" first, 'cause you only want to turn once. My cook time after the turn is not that long. Just like eggs, fish will finish once it's out of the pan.

That is the luck of the draw with pan frying, but it still has a flavor (and color) advantage over just deep frying.

if you look real close at that one pic, the one that got a little too much color was in the shallow end of the pan. my driveway is not level and i tried to shim up the table so it was close, but i reckon it was still off a bit.

plus frying with the dome closed is a little iffy since you can't see what's going on. that was the second batch, so the egg and cast iron was hotter than the first batch. maybe it was the shots of vincent van gogh double espresso vodka i was having :shock:

Back