panko walleye !!

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
I don't think it's right. Betty is standing in the corner all alone and no fish to eat!!
The food does look great even if it is fish. Walleye is one of the few fish that I do eat and I agree, it's the best tasting fresh water fish there is. Tah frying picture is great, how did you do that?

There is nothing quite like fresh walleye. Haven't had it in years, but still remember how good it tastes. Thanks for the pics and bringing back some old memories. :)

I don't think it's right. Betty is standing in the corner all alone and no fish to eat!!
The food does look great even if it is fish. Walleye is one of the few fish that I do eat and I agree, it's the best tasting fresh water fish there is. Tah frying picture is great, how did you do that?

poor betty! :biggrin:

two photos taken right after another with the camera on the tripod and remote shutter release so the camera didn't move. then make an animated gif in adobe imageready with the two images. play with the timing until it looks good. basically, click every button till something cool happens! :biggrin:

I have never used panko before, Can you please describe the contents of each of the bowls in the first picture please

Sled - Here is a visual on the panko, it is one of the lightest bread crumbs around. They look like snowflakes. They are crispy without stealing any flavor. It's good for a filler in a meatloaf too.

DSC02516a.jpg

DSC02520a.jpg

we have in the blue bowl - flour
white bowl - two eggs, fresh ground black, white, green, pink pepper & a couple of pinches of mrs dog's chipotle seasoning salt
black bowl - dynasty panko bread crumbs

coat fish with flour, dunk in egg, coat with panko, fry.
drain on paper towel, dust with dizzy pig raging river

Rick, have you tried putting some seasoning on the fish before the flour?

Rick, have you tried putting some seasoning on the fish before the flour?

no sir. and that was the first time i've ever made fish like that and the first time i've ever used panko :cool:

no sir. and that was the first tiime i've ever made fish like that and the first time i've ever used panko :cool:

Yeah, we southerners always season the fish first, or more likely, season the flour highly before coating the fish.

About Panko, I like that stuff a lot. Have gotten to the point where I use it for anything that needs dry bread or cracker crumbs.

OK, post pumping, but I forget to say how wonderful the pics are-Rick you continue to amaze me with your images and cooking.

Thirdeye-ditto for you too. Love to see ya'lls stuff.

Yeah, we southerners always season the fish first, or more likely, season the flour highly before coating the fish.

About Panko, I like that stuff a lot. Have gotten to the point where I use it for anything that needs dry bread or cracker crumbs.

i thought about spicing up the flour, but then i also thought i had too much flour in the bowl for the amount of fish i had, which turns out i did. i ran out of egg though. the reason i had so much flour and panko in the bowls was i didn't want to have to walk back to the kitchen once i started.

here's the second batch of fish last night. a little long on the first side...

pankowalleye-013.jpg

Always better to be too long than too short on the first side though.
Long as it's not burned, its good.:-D

Always better to be too long than too short on the first side though.
Long as it's not burned, its good.:-D

it was close... that one piece still tas ted gud :cool:

pankowalleye-014.jpg

Rick, awesome job as usual. glad ya liked it. I love the animated shot! I'll forward that one to my buddy. I found some perch in freezer yesterday and made "perch wings" for an appetizer at card club last night. Dipped perch in seasoned flour, egg wash then back in flour again. deep fried then put in covered bowl with some wing sauce and shook them up so coated lightly with the sauce. They disappeared in a hurry! sorry, no pron! LOL

Rick,
Nice job on the fish and pics!! I love walleye, right after some Trout freshly caught in the Au Sable river (The Michigan Mafia will know what I am tralking about here, or avid fly fisherman).

Very nice Rick...great job! :p I like the special effects too. I've never had walleye...the fillets look great.

Rick, awesome job as usual. glad ya liked it. I love the animated shot! I'll forward that one to my buddy. I found some perch in freezer yesterday and made "perch wings" for an appetizer at card club last night. Dipped perch in seasoned flour, egg wash then back in flour again. deep fried then put in covered bowl with some wing sauce and shook them up so coated lightly with the sauce. They disappeared in a hurry! sorry, no pron! LOL

i'll be needin more walleye, please. :icon_blush:
that was good stuff! good job on the filleting. no bones.

i just had some for lunch on a sandwich. it's still good even the next day!

I'll check my stock and see what I can do fer ya. Ya may just have to come up and help us catch some in da spring. bring your egg! LOL

we have in the blue bowl - flour
white bowl - two eggs, fresh ground black, white, green, pink pepper & a couple of pinches of mrs dog's chipotle seasoning salt
black bowl - dynasty panko bread crumbs

coat fish with flour, dunk in egg, coat with panko, fry.
drain on paper towel, dust with dizzy pig raging river

Great links Rick...thanks. I'm curious...where do you get your ideas and inspirations from for your recipes and ingredients? (without giving up your secrets of course). I'm amazed at the variety of your creations.

Back