Outdoor winter setup?

Boisblancboy

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Brandon
So I’m thinking about the colder temps that’s are coming before long but don’t want to end my smoking season. I don’t have a garage and do all my smoking on my deck. I’m thinking of getting one of those pop up canopy’s with sides just to have a little shelter. Hoping to figure out a way to safely use one with my offset and to stay somewhat warm as I like to sit and constantly tend my offset.

Anyone else do something similar? Would mind hearing about your setups or opinions.

Thanks everyone

I’d suggest getting a wireless thermometer if you don’t have one. You won’t have to sit out the whole time but can walk out periodically to add a log etc. heck, you can stick a chair just inside the door if you want the experience of sitting by the pit without the cold ��

I’ve used my offset with the stack just outside the canopy plenty of times. But I also like to use my wireless thermometer and sit on the couch.

I throw on the old hunting wools, throw twelve in a drift, sit right next ta em, pop a 10mg chocolate covered macadamia nut, wait till it's ready ta flip and marvel on the richness of my existence.

-D

I tend to favor my WSM in the winter. Break the offset out when the temps are nicer, but don’t really enjoy tending the fire as much in the winter

Back