THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alecksjaycubs

Full Fledged Farker
I desperately need some kind of table or cabinet with a counter out on the patio to help with prep space and storage of all the little bits and pieces that go with cooking outside. The little side tables on the various cookers just don't cut it. Anybody have a solution they love and would like to share? I'm open to anything that isn't a built in solution. Nothing too huge... 3 to 4 feet long is about all I have space for and wheels would be great. I've looked at stainless tables but am leaning toward something enclosed in the bottom to keep my gear dry.
Thanks!

I'm looking for the same thing. Hoping to see some good ideas... I have a friend who utilized a small rolling wire shelf unit that he topped with a sealed/finished piece of wood and made sunbrella side flaps (matched his patio furniture) that attached to the edges of the wood top. I'm hopeful to find something easy to build with better weatherproofing and better corrosion resistance.

This is my table. It is a stainless top that I got from work and then I built the frame out of scraps from my deck build. As far as storage, I sometimes store stuff in the cheap plastic storage tubs with lids underneath the table. Stays good and dry under there.

I built this in the spring out of our old gas grill. Its not protected from the weather on the bottom but I only use it to store an extra propane tank, chimney starter, and a few other odds and ends.
IMG_20140601_145034_404.jpg

Ideally I would build a wooden lower cabinet with doors and shelves and find a stainless top for it. I had a beautiful table for my egg with a rock maple butcher block top and the weather really took it's toll on the wood. Stainless would be my choice.

Heck even plastic. Get some used or cheap old kitchen cabinets, screw them together, put them on casters, buy a cheap 5' plastic table with folding legs, remove the legs and mount it to the top of the cabinets.

• Thanks
Reactions: YSR
i've been looking for something for the outside for years...Still have not found anything practical. Cant wait to see what others are doing outside.

I use a fold out picnic table when I cooking outside, and store everything in the garage...would love something more convenient.

I found a nice one at Costco a while back. Wood top. Came in a box and easy to put together. shelf underneath. Keep your eyes open.

I have one of these its fine for tools in the garage but I would not want to leave it outside where it would get wet

I keep it on the patio, its covered, but it could very easly be taken and kept in the garage, on improvement that i did make, was i rivited some thin alluminum angle iron to the outside of the lid to use as keepers to hold my cutting board with the lid closed, I have been using it for about two years now and have packed it all over the country, and if your going to a cook out/cook off all your essentials are right there at hands reach.

I have been trying to find something for months. I found a Egg Table that someone was throwing out and tried to rebuild it, but it was too far gone. I salvaged all of the hardware and am working on something now. Give me a week or so and I'll post pics.

David
The Swine Spectator

I use on of these stainless steel tables. I have one that is 24" X 36" for my back yard and one at 30" X 36" that I throw in the back of my pickup when I do cooks at work or friends houses;

Attachments

• BKR_VTT3624.jpg
    BKR_VTT3624.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 111
Back