THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats and now the wait begins, its like finding out your wife is pregnant and you wait and wait and the excitement continues to build and you get a spot ready for him/her and...

I asked Paul back when I had my patio made about rotating the firebox and I forget why but the size made it not possible. Maybe things have changes, but it really is not a big deal. Welcome to the family

Thanks for all the comments!

As for the insulated box I have gone back and forth on it. My concern is 2 things. 1. I have a 3 month old that will be wanting to help Dad before you know it. And that firebox is right I hand height for a toddler. 2. I live in SoCal now, but there is a slight possibility that I could end up back in the Midwest or pacific NW at some point in the future. So that's kind of why I am leaning towards the insulated box.

Thanks for all the comments!

As for the insulated box I have gone back and forth on it. My concern is 2 things. 1. I have a 3 month old that will be wanting to help Dad before you know it. And that firebox is right I hand height for a toddler. 2. I live in SoCal now, but there is a slight possibility that I could end up back in the Midwest or pacific NW at some point in the future. So that's kind of why I am leaning towards the insulated box.

To me, the savings on wood alone was worth it. That wood box on the trailer is only so big. I can pull off 3 brisket cooks on one basket with my insulated firebox.

EDIT: just looked back and saw this was a patio model. Still nice to have a smaller wood stack!

I got the insulated fire box and in my last cook, my briskets finished 9 hours early. I held them wrapped in the warmer the entire 9 hours, even while I cooked the double smoked hams in the main CC at 275. With everything closed off I could easily maintain the warmer temps from 135 - 160. They turned out great.

Back