Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Nice chopping block for sure. Famous Daves is only a half step over fast food. Hard to imagine they made the top three.

In woodworking circles, that's what's referred to as a "cookie". For obvious reasons. I hope it's not red oak, open pored woods make poor cutting boards.

Ol' Shirley was a chicken smoking machine today. Cooked for nearly 200 down in goshen.

Have I mentioned that I love big chicken orders? Got chicken halves for a dollar a pound. They weigh about 1.5 pounds. Sell for $6 at a cost of $1.50. Now those are my kind of margins. :biggrin:

15dayv5.jpg

Did you notice I have the same ninja turtle patch on my arm as your avatar?

I did not! I had to go back and check!

My friends and I use them as our mascots.

Our bowling team name is Teen Age Mutant Ninja Bowlers
our kickball team name is Teen Age Muntant Ninja Kickers
and our wiffleball team name is Teen Age Mutant Ninja Clubbers.

All of us are in our mid to late 30's.

Haha that's great. I have one of the turtles on each of my work shirts. And a sports team patch on the other sleeve. I even have a piggy bank that's painted as a ninja turtle at the restaurant. I'll have to snag a picture of it.

Why? why does a BBQ place offer medium shirts at all?

Are you not familiar with the BBQ sizing chart? BBQ L is the smallest size that should be offered.

Exactly. Believe it or not, fat boys like BBQ too. Let me know when you get a 3X. I'd love to have one.

I just finished reading this thread. I had looked at it from time to time but I decided to sit down and read it all. WOW.
You deserve every bit of success you get brother. Thank you very much for all the info that is in this thread. Like hundreds of others on this board, I would love to open a restaurant. You have given us an inside look that we could have never gotten (unless you have a friend in the business.)
You have a new Facebook follower. I hope you have continued success.

Signed up as a new member on this forum recently and caught wind of this thread. Started reading and just got totally engrossed in it.

Sounds like it's been an absolutely epic journey, with many trials, tribulations, along with many satisfied customers and many awards and successes. I wish you continued good fortune on your journey.

I can completely relate to many of the issues you run into - I am a partner in a few restaurants (non-BBQ) in the NY area. I'm lucky to have partners who are more involved in the day to day operations, so they can quickly attend to emergencies.

Anyway, please keep sharing how things are going. I'll definitely be watching this thread and hope to one day make it out to your place to sample the food.

Regards, D E K E R

It sounds like they killed their own business - but you could really take advantage of the opportunity to grow yours.
Sounds like good timing!

By all means, if it's got more capacity for seating, plus gives you the chance to get a larger smoker to handle more volume, then go for it!

Back