THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is the day when you wish you never owned a restaurant.

Anything and everything that could have gone wrong did. All the worst possible customers you could imagine came in.

Oh, and having an elderly customer fall and crack her skull on the toilet in the bathroom in the middle of the lunch rush and having to call an ambulance while blood is getting spread all over the restaurant like a CSI crime scene.

This isn't what I signed up for. I can't wait to have just 8 hours of free time on Monday.

Today is the day when you wish you never owned a restaurant.

Anything and everything that could have gone wrong did. All the worst possible customers you could imagine came in.

Oh, and having an elderly customer fall and crack her skull on the toilet in the bathroom in the middle of the lunch rush and having to call an ambulance while blood is getting spread all over the restaurant like a CSI crime scene.

This isn't what I signed up for. I can't wait to have just 8 hours of free time on Monday.

Sadly this is all normal. I worked as a cook for about 12 years and have
seen many crazy people come in and all kinds of things happen that
makes you wonder what is wrong with the Human Race. But it's not
just Restaurants, it's any time you deal with the Public, you are going to
encounter all manner of crazy people.

Some years ago I was a courier for Fedex and one day some lady called
to complain that one of the couriers was driving too fast through the
parking area of the office building where she worked. Naturally our
manager told that courier to be careful and drive slower at that office
building. Problem fixed!

No, the next day that same lady called again to complain that the
courier was driving so slow that she thought he was Mocking her,
and she didn't appreciate it.

You just can't stop crazy people from being crazy.

Hopefully I can finish the year without sending anyone else to the hospital. :oops:

Other than yesterday from hell, our anniversary week has been just outstanding. Still waiting on the pictures from the ribbon cutting, but it was standing room only almost all day Thursday. And Friday and Saturday we posted numbers like the best weekends of the summer. Even had someone, not even brethren, drive 150 miles to eat here. :shocked:

Right now the main goal is to start booking events for the rest of the year. Looking to get in a few car shows, bike shows, fairs, festivals, etc. If I could get the mobile unit booked most weekends this summer that would be huge. Going to need it to grow because I've about tapped out the capacity of this little dining room and kitchen.

Better than the alternative I guess!

Hopefully I can finish the year without sending anyone else to the hospital. :oops:

Other than yesterday from hell, our anniversary week has been just outstanding. Still waiting on the pictures from the ribbon cutting, but it was standing room only almost all day Thursday. And Friday and Saturday we posted numbers like the best weekends of the summer. Even had someone, not even brethren, drive 150 miles to eat here. :shocked:

Right now the main goal is to start booking events for the rest of the year. Looking to get in a few car shows, bike shows, fairs, festivals, etc. If I could get the mobile unit booked most weekends this summer that would be huge.
Going to need it to grow because I've about tapped out the capacity of this little dining room and kitchen.

I know the weather stinks now but, can you create an outdoor dining/picnic area and host live bands? Do you have a Beer license?

Right now the main goal is to start booking events for the rest of the year. Looking to get in a few car shows, bike shows, fairs, festivals, etc. If I could get the mobile unit booked most weekends this summer that would be huge. Going to need it to grow because I've about tapped out the capacity of this little dining room and kitchen.

This is just outstanding. Congrats!:clap2:

Here's the pic from the big day. I'm bummed they wouldn't let me keep the big scissors. :(

Prized-Pig-ribbon.jpg

I managed to read this thread off and on for a day and a half at work. I must say, the story is truly amazing. It also guaranteed me of never opening a restaurant :shock:.. However, I must say Jeremy, you have some perseverance and drive my friend. I look forward to one day eating at the Prized Pig.

Also, I am making these damn pickles tonight.. So they better be good! :wink:

The pickles are great. I make a batch or two every couple weeks. We thought the first batch was a little salty, so we cut the salt in half (3 TBS instead of 6 TBS). We also like spicy, so I slice two Habanero's in half and put two pieces in each jar.

Science tip: Ever seen Garlic turn blue? It means that the garlic is older and really strong. Not bad for you, and won't hurt you, but expect it to be really strong if you leave it in the jars...

Good luck fella, when you get it all going fancy comming here to the UK to do something similar

He is posting on FB. Ran out again yesterday, no burnt ends today because all of his brisket was used up. Sounds like he is still crazy busy!

I hope to update soon. But yes, busy busy. Doing summer numbers on weekends lately. Like today, had the smoker at full capacity overnight and all day, and ended up selling everything but three rib tips. Picked up another cvap today for a steal so that will help some capacity issues.

Back