Omaha Steaks

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
Anyone else ordered from them? I did once and they were "pretty good". Compared to today's prices thinking about doing it again. They have a special going on for $100. Still not sure.

What say the Brethren?

Thanks

Have you ever noticed that they don't grade their meat? It's not prime. Cheap filler items in their box deals too. I've found better meat, cheaper, at Sam's and Costco. If you want to order online, try places like Porter Road or Crowd Cow.

Here's a link to a recent review of Omaha Steaks

https://www.foodandwine.com/omaha-steaks-review-7489058

I used to order occasionally from Omaha Steaks. Usually beef and only when having a sale with free gift. I think that if a person is into portion control type eating it would be fantastic. Most everything is portioned small. Individual Packaging was perfect, shipping was fast arriving as ordered and frozen hard. Now it's been a long while, like pre caller ID and home phone landline. They had marketers to call. No clue if they do that anymore.

I prefer larger cuts of beef these days. I also have a couple local beef processors that have store fronts.

My advice is order a variety box that has cattle, poultry, fins, and give it a try.

Like I said, everything I ever bought from Omaha Steaks was packaged, shipped, cooked and enjoyed.

Went online and Omaha Steaks Fathers Day special popped up

Link to Father's Day Special at Omaha Steaks

https://www.omahasteaks.com/shop/Sale

Here's a photo of what I just purchased at a local meat processor for 143$

When going out for two hamburgers fries and tea can approach $25-30 these meat boxes are a bargain compared to dining out, even drive thru out. The steaks are USDA prime though they are wrapped in butcher paper so cannot determine cap nor marbling.

Last edited:
My mother in law sends me one for Christmas most years - Used to be Omaha, last 2 years it was somewhere else like Omaha but I don’t remember who. Everything is Fine and we eat it but it’s usually not what I’d pick at the store. I don’t buy Top Sirloin or Fillet - I usually get Ribeye or Strip On Sale, and why is there only 4 hotdogs in many packs - give me 8 or 12 hot dogs or sausages or none.

I don’t order meat online, I may sometime at some point but I can get more quantity for the same $ buying Choice On Sale ( so Not always apples to apples) , thus I’m not familiar with the different companies but I saw this :

15 Meat Delivery Services

https://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/packages/shopping/articles/meat-delivery-services

Do some looking n comparing

Last edited:
I tried them about 15-20 years ago and was not impressed. I felt that I got better meat elsewhere. Last year, someone sent me some steaks as a gift and I was really impressed. The steaks were quite good. I don't know if the quality of the Omaha steaks improved, I got unlucky and lucky with my orders or the quality of my local meat has decreased so much that these just tasted so much better. In any case, I wouldn't turn my nose up at them.

I received a box last year as a gift. It was OK but the steaks almost seemed like they had been mechanically tenderized.

Some of the best steaks I have ordered came from 44 Steaks.

For good quality and variety, I go with Porter Road.

They are ok portions are small and the premade foods mediocre like the crock pot meals. Their service was good always came frozen with dry ice unlike srf. I have been doing wildforks the last 6 orders and actually love em. Those short ribs I did were wildfork. I tend to buy the ny thick pork chops and skinless boneless chicken breasts in 5 lb bags very nice. I also buy the cubed chicken breasts and pork for fried rice and Asian meals. I highly recommend their membership you get free shipping all year.

I have been gifted 2 boxes over the last 2 years at Christmas. Their food is pretty good (except for the potatoes they are a waste). The bacon wrapped fillets were pretty good, but I have never had any other high-quality meat to compare it to. I wasn't disappointed with anything I got.

The sales team is relentless if they get your phone number. You can get more for your money at Sam’s or Costco. I like to buy whole cuts, age, cut my own steaks, vac seal and freeze.

Back