Old Country Pecos is Home!!!

Let's see some Smoke.......!

Ran out of time to fire it up today. Won't have another chance until Sunday.

Congrats on the new pit! And thank you for trying and reporting on the shipping experience so many of us are pondering!

Hope it helps. But, if you want one shipped it can be a little nail biting.

Where's the Smoke ?

Can't WAIT to fire it up. On Sunday... :twitch:

I'm thinking I want to christen it with a brisket. Tough call on a cooker I've never cooked on, BUT! Would be a great story if I can nail it.

I'm like everybody else. I love getting new toy's to play with. Even if its something as getting ANOTHER cooker LOL. Those Pecos seem to be pretty heavy duty for the price!

In a few weeks I'll officially own 3 smokers (Not sure what I'm going to do with them) but this is becoming a big hobby for me. It seems I love cooking with the smokers and I want to cook more food than I can even eat!

Hope you have many good cooks on it! Looks like you have one heck of a cooker!

I'm like everybody else. I love getting new toy's to play with. Even if its something as getting ANOTHER cooker LOL. Those Pecos seem to be pretty heavy duty for the price!

In a few weeks I'll officially own 3 smokers (Not sure what I'm going to do with them) but this is becoming a big hobby for me. It seems I love cooking with the smokers and I want to cook more food than I can even eat!

Hope you have many good cooks on it! Looks like you have one heck of a cooker!

What's the third smoker going to be? Do tell! Everyone should always have a new smoker.

I can't wait to get started on this thing. Stacks of oak at the ready but I'll have to wait another week. It's like getting a brand new car and parking it for a week. AHHHHHH!!!!!! Oh well. At least it's here now.

What's the third smoker going to be? Do tell! Everyone should always have a new smoker.

I can't wait to get started on this thing. Stacks of oak at the ready but I'll have to wait another week. It's like getting a brand new car and parking it for a week. AHHHHHH!!!!!! Oh well. At least it's here now.

Don't worry I have another week to wait as well! I'm going for a custom build from scratch. Going to be a Vertical offset cooker. Getting my inspiration from LSG's vertical offset. I'm trying to make sure I change things as long so its not an exact "clone". That is if it all works the way I have planed LOL

First thing I noticed was the bar around the smoke stack was bent upward a bit but after inspecting it, looks like it came out of the factory that way.

I noticed that on my Brazos right away too. It's definitely from the factory. I was worried it bent from the weight of me wheeling it around to the backyard, but after lugging it to a competition and back I'm not concerned.

I got the same pit last year. Had to install tuning plates, another temp guage at grate level (the temps vary about 25 degrees) added green egg felt around the lid. Smokes great and not too bad on efficiency. I also made a charcoal box and added a cooking rack. It can smoke a lot of meat. Ive done 2 briskets, whole butt, 6 lbs sausage, turkey breast during one cook and still had room

Don't worry I have another week to wait as well! I'm going for a custom build from scratch. Going to be a Vertical offset cooker. Getting my inspiration from LSG's vertical offset. I'm trying to make sure I change things as long so its not an exact "clone". That is if it all works the way I have planed LOL

Can's wait to see that bad boy...

I noticed that on my Brazos right away too. It's definitely from the factory. I was worried it bent from the weight of me wheeling it around to the backyard, but after lugging it to a competition and back I'm not concerned.

I tried bending it back in place but started to bend the wall that it's attached to. I was thinking of maybe heating up the rod on both sides with my propane torch and try to bend it. Or, I can just not mess with it in fear of screwing something else up.

I got the same pit last year. Had to install tuning plates, another temp guage at grate level (the temps vary about 25 degrees) added green egg felt around the lid. Smokes great and not too bad on efficiency. I also made a charcoal box and added a cooking rack. It can smoke a lot of meat. Ive done 2 briskets, whole butt, 6 lbs sausage, turkey breast during one cook and still had room

That's A LOT of food. Given the fact that I had to cut 1 rack of ribs in half to fit it on my (not so) big green egg.

That's a beautiful sight:thumb:

That it is! The 2 stacks of oak on the side of the house is pretty nice too.

Thanks everyone. I'm so happy to have it. I haven't had time to cook on it yet but it looks really cool sitting out there! :bored:

Working all day tomorrow and lots to do on Sunday so I'm going to burn it out Sunday morning and treat it as a cook to dial it in the heat management. Want to get a practice run in before I christen it.

Back