THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
Essentially, I was looking for some info from the brethren regard temp and humidity controllers for a salumi/charcuterie drying chamber. My original plan was to go with the inkbird models, but not sure if there are better options.

The basic setup idea:
  • Fridge (no freezer) - ~3.3cu Ft
  • tiny humidifier
  • computer fan (possibly)
  • Temp controller
  • Humidity Controller

I don't mind spending a little more for a better product, but I also don't want to take out a loan for homemade salami :cool:

Anyway, I know this is a vague post, and I attribute that to my inexperience in this endeavor. I have scoured reddit and some blogs and I feel they pointed me in right direction.

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for the input!

I have an Inkbird humidity controller I use to control humidity by trigger either a humidifier or dehumidifier based on thresholds I set, and then another that controls the temperature by kicking the power on and off based on what I set. It worked very well.

On your humidifier and dehumidifier, you need to make sure that it's an analog on/off switch, otherwise when you cycle power off, it will not turn back on by itself. I believe sausagemaker.com sells that variety of both.

I have some pictures posted in an old thread of mine when I was getting it up and running that might be helpful.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295909&highlight=curing&page=3

Thank you gents! I will do some more digging.

Back