Oh God I hate to ask this....

Pardon me, but the entire premise of the question was that the butt would be kept whole. Where did all the talk of parting come from?

Just wonderin',
John

I'm guessing it all started with post #4, #6 and finally #8 of this thread. Does anyone else concur?

Wow... being a newbie to comps, I guess don't understand the logic behind not being able to "reintroduce" the product to it's original cooking vessel. I don't see a problem with any of this... whether you're reheating, rebarking, rewhatever...

'splain Lucy...?

Wow... being a newbie to comps, I guess don't understand the logic behind not being able to "reintroduce" the product to it's original cooking vessel. I don't see a problem with any of this... whether you're reheating, rebarking, rewhatever...

'splain Lucy...?[/QUOTE

there's not a problem with it as long as it is not parted
first. Lol.

'splain Lucy...?

The rule as written in the 2009 KCBS rule book for pork looks like this...

Rule 10

PORK: Pork is defined as Boston Butt, Picnic and/or Whole Shoulder, weighing a minimum of five (5) pounds. Pork shall be cooked (bone in or bone out) and shall not be parted.

A point was raised about the wording and its interpretation. It was brought to the board and this was the result.

KCBS QUICK NOTES

The Board confirmed the previous statement concerning the cooking of pork. Once pork has been cooked, and the cook “prepares the pork” (sliced, pulled, parted etc.) the Pork product is “parted pork” and cannot be placed back in the smoker to re-heat or cook. The Board stated this would be a violation of the rules.

FYI : The KCBS uses this disclaimer at the bottom of its quick notes.

These are not the official minutes of the meeting. They are simply provided as an effort to give members a quick summary of the board meeting.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64043

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65578

Two threads if you are really interested.

DIE DIE!!!! Stab Stab!!!!!!! CHoke Choke!!!!!!

Hawg, it's not a health issue it all stems form the propriety of parting a butt and slipping other cuts of pork and calling it butt. At one time this was highly contentious, I had a question. Should kept my fingers silent!!!

DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

DIE DIE!!!! Stab Stab!!!!!!! CHoke Choke!!!!!!

Hawg, it's not a health issue it all stems form the propriety of parting a butt and slipping other cuts of pork and calling it butt. At one time this was highly contentious, I had a question. Should kept my fingers silent!!!

DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
Ooohhh, I see...

Sorry for the newbieness there, I didn't even think about the possibility of slapping other cuts in there. You may now kill your thread to your heart's content... :biggrin:

Thanks!

Back