THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
So read up on pork belly. It's like brisket, a thousand different ways to cook it. So picked a familiar theme (brisket)

Pellet cooker with post Oak pellets at 225-250°
Trimmed thick fat cap off belly
Seasoned with Oakridge SPOGOS
Foil boat

Shut lid and will look in a few hours

Last edited:
Nice!

I did one a few weeks ago. I didn’t trim or wrap on the cook. Mine took around 9 hours on the pellet smoker. First couple hours I ran at 180F for more smoke flavor then bumped up. I used a coffee based rub recipe my nephew sent me.

All in all done. Went with Black pepper corn tenderloin, green apple slaw and buttered corn. Pork belly came off at about 7 hours and rested in cooler. Then a few chunks and a few strips, juicy moist and tender. Going to sepayand package for different cooks. Everything cooked on Pit Boss Austin XL. Pellet Life.

Last edited:
Excellent!

Yours almost looks like a loin!

Mine was 8 lbs and I cut in half. Once done, shredded half for tacos and rendered off the fat in the pan. Other half chilling in freezer.

I will definitely do another.

Back