THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm out in the LA area visiting family and I actually had my first Habit charburger on Friday. It was great! I have to say, your version looks outstanding. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Just curious, have you tried In-n-Out? I'd be curious to hear your take on how the two compare...

Looks great! We've got a Habit by work which is pretty dang good. All my restaruant burger eating is now done at Mo Better Burgers though - I love that place.

That looks fantastic. I really want to perfect at-home burgers, since they always seem to be lacking in my opinion. This provides some good inspiration!

As for the Habit, I'm not a fan. The one I went to here in Phoenix was terrible. For me, In&Out is worlds better (though still just a fast food burger in my opinion, and therefore nothing supremely special). Maybe the locations in CA are better, but I was extremely disappointed in the Habit here.

Personally I don't think you can compare In N Out to Habit, yes they are both burgers but the approach to get there is totally different. Kinda like a Taco Bell taco, there's times I crave them but they are no way the same as a street style taco. My experience with Habit has been they are inconsistent, In N Out you always get the same thing.

Personally I don't think you can compare In N Out to Habit, yes they are both burgers but the approach to get there is totally different. Kinda like a Taco Bell taco, there's times I crave them but they are no way the same as a street style taco. My experience with Habit has been they are inconsistent, In N Out you always get the same thing.

I thought it interesting that you used this thread to exert your personal opinion about which burger YOU prefer when the purpose of the thread was not about that at all - it was my version of a Habit burger, not a debate about which is a better burger.

Since you used this thread to share YOUR opinion with us, I will share mine:

How you could draw a comparison of The Habit and Taco Bell vs. In N Out and a street taco is baffling. A Taco Bell taco is a chemical ridden toxic waste predigested frankenfood. I would not remotely consider a Habit Burger in that category, whether one prefers an In n Out Burger over a Habit burger or not.

My apologies Moose!!! I didn't finish post before a situation came up here that needed immideate attention. Not only that I should have given you praise on a great burger before I posted my opinion of the two burgers. I would hit yours anytime!!! I guess I didn't phrase my point well, what I meant was they are two DIFFERENT Styles of burgers. Again my apologies. I will refrain post posting in the future.

My apologies Moose!!! I didn't finish post before a situation came up here that needed immideate attention. Not only that I should have given you praise on a great burger before I posted my opinion of the two burgers. I would hit yours anytime!!! I guess I didn't phrase my point well, what I meant was they are two DIFFERENT Styles of burgers. Again my apologies. I will refrain post posting in the future.

Thanks for responding. I know this is a controversial topic for some folks. I used to be a die hard In 'n Out fan myself. In the end, it all boils down to personal taste...

Speaking of which, ssv3 did an AMAZING version of an In N Out Animal style burger:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198416

Back