Novice BBQ with a question

ok seriously, i am sorry for saying "Everyone" obviously not everyone does it

never mind... to those of you who just post to make your count higer, HAVE FUN!

HeSmellsLikeSmoke and Ron L ...thanks for answering my simple question

how am i being the bad guy...

1st- I said im sorry for using "everyone" and i edited it because i know everyone does not use a mop so i corrected my mistake
2nd- i am a member of forums and some people post just to make their count higher its frustrating and i was telling those ppl to have fun i got my answer and i would not be reading any longer. (I would not have come back here if it was not for one of the members sending me an inappropriate PM)
3rd-i thanked HeSmellsLikeSmoke and Ron L for answering the question i had because they answered it. i dont see how this is bad.

I consider vinegar to be a staple of a good kitchen, as a souring agent and acidifier, it is without equal. It is also the base for all of my sauces and marinades, I keep several in my kitchen at all times. It also functions well as a marinade and tenderizer for meat when used prior to cooking or in wet processes. I do not believe it has an effect on meat at temperature (as stated before) but it does add a nice flavor if mixed into pulled pork or used as a sauce component.

By the way, Stretch's Chicken is a Cape Cod variation on an Italian classic of a braised chicken in red wine vinegar dish. So I am not totally gonna discount the use of vinegar in braising.

I will sometimes add a little white vinegar to my apple juice when I heat up my pulled pork. The vinegar seems to add a little extra bite that is complimented by many bbq sauces.

I like to use a little splash of AC vinegar on my baked beans.
It's a trick I learned from my ex-wife's Grandpappy.
He died from pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
(NOO-muh-noh-UL-truh-MY-kruh-SKOP-ik-SIL-i-koh-vol-KAY-no-KOH-nee-O-sis)

how am i being the bad guy...

1st- I said im sorry for using "everyone" and i edited it because i know everyone does not use a mop so i corrected my mistake
2nd- i am a member of forums and some people post just to make their count higher its frustrating and i was telling those ppl to have fun i got my answer and i would not be reading any longer. (I would not have come back here if it was not for one of the members sending me an inappropriate PM)
3rd-i thanked HeSmellsLikeSmoke and Ron L for answering the question i had because they answered it. i dont see how this is bad.

PM sent...

This will conclude any off-topic posts unrelated to vinegar

We now resume to your regularly scheduled programming

Sometimes I mop and some times I don't. I'm not into the vinegar taste as much as people east of KC, brother-in-law loved it when I put it on ribs. Maybe I should try some again.

Novice I PM'ed ya. Anyways to me I think of vinegar as a flavor enhancer kinda like salt. In moderation that is. My dad used to put vinegar on corned beef and now I can't eat it without doing it myself. Im not sure if it's enhancing it or it's just habit now. But I know I like it.

It took me about 15 mins to edit this post. So I'm sorry if the paddles were deployed for talking about general mopping science.

Vinegar. Do you like vinegar? put it on your meat if you like it. Some people don't like the taste of vinegar.

Some people can't stand Cilanthro. Due to some genetic (mal)function, approx. 50% of the populace perceives the taste of Cilanthro to be like nasty caustic soap. Just a hint of Cilanthro will put these people off a bowl of great Guacamole faster than a dick in the bowl of grits.

The same thing is true with people that eat asparagus. There is a certain genetic (dis)order that transforms the wee-wee (still in Q-talk?) into a foul cess-puddle of wrank, nose wrinkling goodness. Yes I have that gene, yes I enjoy it (my own).

So, long story short -if you like vinegar, put it on your food.

?have you checked the ingredients of your significant other's douche bag?

Vinegar in BBQ Sauce

I watched Desert Dweller do a cook for about 50 people. He was making some bbq sauce, and asked for apple cider vinegar to "cut the acidity of the tomato paste" (correct me if I am wrong Bo). We didn't have any apple cider at the time, but had some blackberry vinegar. Tried that, and ended up with some of the best bbq sauce I've ever had, and the vinegar absolutely cut the acidity of the sauce.

You're problem with vinegar (I'm guessing) is that you are not enjoying the taste. Get some good vinegar. Most vinegar, especially the white stuff you get at the store, tastes like pure crap. If your store has a health food section, or if you have a Whole Foods or something like that in your area, go look for a kind of apple cider vinegar labeled as organic, and is either cloudy or has some stuff settled on the bottom of the bottle. You'll be glad you did.

I start my BBQ sauce by building a flavor base of vinegar and spices, and then reducing the vinegar by as much as 3/4. This creates a heavily spiced reduction. It creates both sour and sweet flavors without getting that burned taste that a long boil with sugar can create. From there, I add both sweeteners and raw vinegar to build both flavor and proper viscosity. In this way, I get cleaner sweet and sour flavors as well as thorough spice infusion and control over all aspects of the sauce. I like to use whole fresh chile peppers at the end of the reduction for infusion of heat.

You're problem with vinegar (I'm guessing) is that you are not enjoying the taste. Get some good vinegar. Most vinegar, especially the white stuff you get at the store, tastes like pure crap. If your store has a health food section, or if you have a Whole Foods or something like that in your area, go look for a kind of apple cider vinegar labeled as organic, and is either cloudy or has some stuff settled on the bottom of the bottle. You'll be glad you did.

I use this for my Carolina Pork Sauce. Bragg unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Can be had in most larger chain stores and online. Is this a post pump:confused::wink:

Link:
http://bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-apple-cider-vinegar.html

The folks a Cook's Illustrated did a taste testing recently of Apple Cider Vinegar

I haven't used Vinegar often and I seldom mop.
I will occasionally mark my territory (spraying)

Back