not BBQ related, but electric or gas?

We have gas in the house, but an electric range. I've always told the wife when this one dies I'm getting gas. Much better heat control and efficiency over electric.

HOWEVER, now I'm seriously considering induction for the next one. Even more efficiency than gas, with similar heat control. Plus no hot surface after cooking.

Anyway, in your situation though, I'd go with the gas hands down.

I can't count how many pots and pans we have thrown away though the years because the bottoms would begin to warp. Once that happens they won't sit flat on an electric cook top anymore. At that point they are very inefficient to cook with, one spot make contact and the rest of does not. I tried pressing them flat again, but once you heat them again they warp again. This is not a problem with gas stoves. If we had natural gas in our area I would get it, but the area is all electric. We have a nice collection of high quality, high cost, pots and pans that don't warp. Tip: if you have an electric cook top, never buy any pot or pan sold on an infomercial, it will be junk.

Back