THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just RSVPed for the bash! As of now I will definitely be there and my wife and dog are a maybe. I don't have a cooker yet (coming to the bash for inspiration) but if there is grill space I will bring some ribs and a smoked apple pie :grin:

Also, I know it's not shooting, but if the weather is good I will bring my boat and beach it right next to the pavilion and we can maybe do a little bass fishing. It's not a big boat but most of the time it floats :icon_smile_tongue:

Almost forgot...
The dog is a maybe? What dog doesn't like bbq? On a serious note. I have a mini that is beyond neglected. She'd love a new owner that would actually light a fire in her more than once a year. I'll bring it if you'd like something to cook on until your project is completed. It's a great little cooker. Consider it a reward for hanging out with us all day.

20140323_123601.jpg

WOW!!!! Thank you Paul, absolutely I'll take it! And I'll see what I can do about prying the dog from my wife's arms for the day lol (assuming my wife decides not to go). We got her to be my dog...she is not my dog anymore...

WOW!!!! Thank you Paul, absolutely I'll take it! And I'll see what I can do about prying the dog from my wife's arms for the day lol (assuming my wife decides not to go). We got her to be my dog...she is not my dog anymore...

Cool. I'll dust it off and get it ready to go. I really like it but I built a bigger version and haven't really used it since. Btw my wife had to go thru 3 dogs to find 1 that preferred her over me. :heh:

I'm not going to be able to make it this year.. other commitments have come up. I'll be there in spirit though :(
Sorry to hear that. I was hoping to get some more of your great Q sauce!! :mrgreen:
Well go ahead put us on your calendar for next Spring!!

Get your boots dusted off and load up the wagons! :mrgreen:

:mod: Only 17 Days till the Spring 2017 North Texas BBQ Brethren Bash :mod:

Frognot, you and the miss's can cook on my MiniMax!
So you guys kick it around think about it and we will get a game plan together.
Shelly and I will have a few items off of the fryer, I hope!
A few we've done before at the Bash and a new one or two if I get time to work on them!!

Had a couple of noes and one maybe from cyberstrategist who is catering Friday and not sure about Saturday.

I'll plan on doing a bunch of bulgogi short ribs (beef), either an app or main course add on.

Question: I'm doing the SC Brethren Bash the week after Texas nd I'm thinking some authentic Texas beef hot links/sausages would be a real treat back east. Anybody hve a suggestion.

Dave, I like sausage from Fischer's Meat Market in Muenster, TX (a li'l town founded by German immigrants) and we can get some of their sausages at Metzler's in Denton (about 15-20 miles from Lake Ray Roberts State Park. I wish we had HEB grocery stores on the north side of DFW. They always have several central Texas brands.

http://fischersmeatmarket.com/meatproducts.html

I'll plan on doing a bunch of bulgogi short ribs (beef), either an app or main course add on.

Question: I'm doing the SC Brethren Bash the week after Texas and I'm thinking some authentic Texas beef hot links/sausages would be a real treat back east. Anybody have a suggestion.

Depending on what day you roll in and whether you have time, I can come get you and we can make a run to Hirsch's Meats :clap2: on 1301 W. Parker Road, Ste #100 Plano, TX 75023.
They have some killer sausages!! Call on Monday and see if they have some hot links. 972-633-5593

If not we can pickup a few packages of Earl Cambell's Hot Links. Pretty damn good for store bought in a pinch. :mrgreen:

Give me a call if you like 972-979-0187.

WoHoo!! 12 Days till the Spring 2017 North Texas BBQ Brethren Bash !!

Time is short so let's get this Bash going.
Please sign up if you are coming to the Bash!
All are welcome to join us. Doesn't matter if your cooking or just coming to eat and enjoy the day with a few BBQ Brethren. You will have a great time either way.
We have a few coming in from far away and a few more from close by. If have something you want to cook but don't want to bring a cooker, no prob, we will have space for it somewhere. Between my BGE MiniMAX (Frogot's Cooking on it!! lol !!) Smitty's
Boomshakalaka, Paul's Shirley and Ag 76 with his custom built we have plenty of rack space.

Billy is in charge of the CABO this year.
So if you want bring some sides, beverages and or paper goods, that's great too!
For those out of towners coming in, give me a call if you like. 972-979-0187

Dave, I like sausage from Fischer's Meat Market in Muenster, TX (a li'l town founded by German immigrants) and we can get some of their sausages at Metzler's in Denton (about 15-20 miles from Lake Ray Roberts State Park. I wish we had HEB grocery stores on the north side of DFW. They always have several central Texas brands.

http://fischersmeatmarket.com/meatproducts.html

Depending on what day you roll in and whether you have time, I can come get you and we can make a run to Hirsch's Meats :clap2: on 1301 W. Parker Road, Ste #100 Plano, TX 75023.
They have some killer sausages!! Call on Monday and see if they have some hot links. 972-633-5593

If not we can pickup a few packages of Earl Cambell's Hot Links. Pretty damn good for store bought in a pinch. :mrgreen:

Give me a call if you like 972-979-0187.

Thanks guys, Hirsch's looks doable on our way in Friday, I'm thinking we will be passing Plano about noon and their parking lot looks RV friendly.

Charles, I subscribed to your other thread in QTalk, Thanks.

OK boys and girls, with about 10 Days til the Bash, I have asked Ron_L if we can start a post in Q Talk about the Bash. If approved we will need to post often on it and hopefully we can invite some more BBQ Brethren to The N Texas Spring 2017 Bash!!

I went ahead and posted the N Texas Spring 2017 Bash on both:
greeneggers.com and eggheadforum.com

Would be great to have a few more join us at the Bash. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking of asking Ron to move this to Q Talk forum.
And change the title to
North Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash April 22, 2017

What are your thoughts?

Hows the weather looking for the bash? From what I can tell its saying 60% chance of rain fri and 40% sat. Is that going to change anything?

Back