North Texas Brethren Bash Spring 2017 Planning

We hear you hotch. The problem is lots of guys get multiple invites from several of us. Everyone says they want to come but always have conflicts.:cry:

For those that might be nervous or intimidated that shouldn't be a concern. These are really just a time to hang out with some awesome folks. You don't have to cook anything. We have plenty of people cooking. I promise you if you try one you won't be disappointed. :thumb:

As of right now we are planning on making the trip. We are trying to talk our son and daughter in law in attending with us, and of course our grand daughter Ms Ellie. I'm sure whatever Hotch and Shelly, Paul and the rest of the gang will be great!

Diann and I are having a ball outfitting the motorhome; just added a GMG Davey Crocket (thanks for the advice sliding_billy), a Weber Q and a Lodge Sportsman grill to the cooking arsenal. April will be busy & fun for us, the weekend before my wife has a 4-day dog show in Perry GA then the weekend after is the SC Bash.

Our plan is to roll out of Florida on Thursday and get into the park Friday afternoon in plenty of time for dinner & refreshments; if anybody is around please look us up.

Last edited:
Dave, looking forward to seeing you again and meeting Diann. Will do our best to meet up with y'all Friday.

Hotch, gotta thank you again for getting this thing organized.

I had a cystocope Friday and no cancer found this time so a round of immunotherapy scheduled for February then get a break until August. Really disappointed to miss last fall's Bash and am so pumped about this Spring one.

Dave/Charles... Would be a good excuse for me to work from home if you guys want to hook in McKinney or Frisco Friday afternoon.

Dave, looking forward to seeing you again and meeting Diann. Will do our best to meet up with y'all Friday.

Hotch, gotta thank you again for getting this thing organized.

I had a cystocope Friday and no cancer found this time so a round of immunotherapy scheduled for February then get a break until August. Really disappointed to miss last fall's Bash and am so pumped about this Spring one.

Best news I've heard in a while. :thumb:

Good news is we have less than 90 Days till the BASH!!
I'm still on the fence on which to cook on this year.
Should we bring the R&V Deep Fryer or the Big Green Egg MiniMAX?
Looks like we will be cooking a couple of different types of cookies this year for the EggFests.
Tequila Sunrise Cookies and Jonah's Curse Rum and Coconut Cookies.
We have cooked a lot of different items at the EggFests but wanted to change it up this year and do more teaching or show and tell about the BGE.
Anyway, I posted a new count down timer in my Signature Line so everyone can see how many days till the BASH!!

PLEASE go ahead and signup if you are coming to the BASH!! :mrgreen:

If I can find a "runt brisket," I'd like to do one in the DC so we have some lunch brisket without having to even tend it. I did a point only that way a few bashes ago, but I'd like a full one.

Should we bring the R&V Deep Fryer or the Big Green Egg MiniMAX?

Bring both of them please. Mrs frognot needs to see a MiniMAX in action since we don't have one. Not sure i can talk her into my need for a deep fryer but will try.

I will bring things to cook on both.

Kevin, wish I could help you narrow your choices down but those all look equally incredible.

Is it April yet?

Bring both of them please. Mrs frognot needs to see a MiniMAX in action since we don't have one. Not sure i can talk her into my need for a deep fryer but will try.

I will bring things to cook on both.

You got it my friend!
I may only cook on one of them, but I will bring both. :mrgreen:

Alrighty then Ill do Meatloafs and 2 Racks of Ribs........

Yum! I'm thinking about some chuckie burn ends on the Davey Crocket, but could easily be convinced to do some wings if we are going to be "beef heavy" :icon_bigsmil

"Beef heavy?" No comprendo. :twitch:

Dang foreigners! :pound:

I stand properly and correctly chastized; feel like the dumb arse caterer serving chicken at a cattlemens meeting - chuckie burnt ends it is!

Edit: Unless of course you want me to try cooking some humble pie, whatever the fark that is :becky:

Last edited:
Back