Newest Old Country Pit - Smokehouse Vertical

Their Dist. Center is not open to public but they have a small show room in office areas and had about 12 Smokers/Cookers in there- several I've never seen in Academy that sell to other stores ( mom and pop outfits that were his first clients before Academy). Alejandro had BluDawg and me look at each one with him and he wanted to know our likes and dislikes of each one. He liked a couple suggestions we had on a couple ones and said he would consider them. He was a very Nice guy.

I made some suggestions about an improvement to the O/U on the way north our host called after he had some time to think on it. He said that after some thought that he was moving forward with the design change and it would be in production very soon.

Man this sounds like my dream client. I'm in market research, i.e. the business of understanding what consumers like / dislike. I'll have to keep an eye out for the updates - been itching for a stick burner for quite some time now.

Sounds like a successful trip - looking forward to the pics.

I'd love to bring mine to the N Texas Spring Bash April 16 2016 but being mine is 3/16" it's 420lbs and away too hard for in and out of pickup bed and I'm fixing to get laid off so BoomShuckaLucka probally won't have her trailer yet either so I dunno.........:confused:

I really want to get into stickburning but it is a decent drive to the nearest academy store. I also don't have a good way of transporting one home. Hmm.

Of which two? Smokehouse and Over/Under? They are the same gauge steel but it'd be the Smokehouse just because of its Shape/ Design.

Thanks, I think you were fortunate to get one that is heavier. What was done to the newer models to reduce weight? I never get a good feeling when manufacturers do things like this to save a buck. Maybe I'm not understanding things, though.

Thanks, I think you were fortunate to get one that is heavier. What was done to the newer models to reduce weight? I never get a good feeling when manufacturers do things like this to save a buck. Maybe I'm not understanding things, though.

I explained it in this thread or the other thread. Alejandro at old country smokers like to fab/design with 3/16" because it holds up to reworks and changes but still lighter and cheaper than 1/4". Then they present it to Academy and Academy gives them price and weight restrictions for them to buy it so then he changes it to suit their wishes. So production units are 14 gage and 11 gauge. He gave me 1 of 2 of the original smokehouses they designed.

Back