THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yea just todd said i got myself a humphrey battlebox insulated so i can cook in any weather and its very very well made.great for small back yard cooks but i can also bring it 2 the competitions and load it up if i want i also just bought the cyberQ setup

After years of evaluation & wishing I have ordered a Beast from Humphrey, it will be delivered in about 6 weeks just in time for good weather! Like you, I have smoked with a WSM but have a 22. The WSM has lots of capacity but I don't find it user friendly or capable to hold steady temps in the wind or cold. At any rate I decided to order a cabinet smoker, something I've always wanted and had it put on their battle wagon complete with 8" castors and SS shelves. If you go that way be careful, I started out with the base price and ended-up after options and goodies spending twice that!

Last edited:
I too love my WSM, but am looking to upgrade. Sometime in the future, I will probably place an order with Lone Star Grillz for a vertical offset with warming chamber. It will replace both my WSM and gasser...

Take a look at Spicewine Ironworks. The owner. Jay Curry is a long time member here and he makes a cooker that will last a lifetime....or 10. If you want an insulated vertical that is built like a tank and that holds temps for long periods of time it will be worth it to call Jay and talk to him about his cookers.
Attached are a few pics of my Spicewine. This is a the large model.

Attachments

• DSC01960.jpg
    DSC01960.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01975.jpg
    DSC01975.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01976.jpg
    DSC01976.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 38
Back