THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cfrazier77

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Craig
After 2 and a half years of waiting our new Shirley finally arrived. I love my Humprey's Down East Beast but it ran out of room often for my church and other events. So we went big. Tyler was great to work with and the construction is amazing. I can't wait to season it tomorrow and start using it.

Also, here is a very nice video that Paul did on it. They are all really great people there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABj9jEsqQE&t=2s

Attachments

Whoa, yeah that will be a nice capacity upgrade. Filling up a Down East beast is impressive. You going to keep it or part ways with it now that you have the Shirley? Regardless that's a beautiful piece of work. Congrats!

Whoa, yeah that will be a nice capacity upgrade. Filling up a Down East beast is impressive. You going to keep it or part ways with it now that you have the Shirley? Regardless that's a beautiful piece of work. Congrats!

I am definitely keeping the Down East Beast. What is nice about it is that it will go for 20 hours, overnight, unattended. It has even temps and I know how to get great flavor out of it. The Shirley is for when that is not big enough, when I want to go hot and fast, or when I want the different flavor profile. They both are amazing, just have different strengths.

congratulations
after seasoning, what will be the first trial?

After the break in with 2 fatties and 3 pounds of bacon I have a rack of ribs ready and baked potatoes.

Last edited:
Another piece of art! Keep that DEB. It'll make the perfect partner to your shirley. I have an insulated cabinet the same size and for 5 years they were my 2 favorite cookers. I know you're gonna love that shirley and so will everyone you feed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That sure is a beautiful cooker. I was watching the video yesterday wondering where in PA it was going, now I know. Congrats!

Back